SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

Ouch. That's worse than having to fish it out from the sea. Stronger net needed. Or maybe two nets one under another? First to slow the fairing, second to save it from smashing into hard elements protruding from the deck, if first net fails.

1 hour ago, Scotius said:

Ouch. That's worse than having to fish it out from the sea. Stronger net needed. Or maybe two nets one under another? First to slow the fairing, second to save it from smashing into hard elements protruding from the deck, if first net fails.

Hehe, staged fairing capture

1 hour ago, Scotius said:

Spoiler

Attach the middle of the rubber string to the ship.

0_95c74_e252e3cc_M.jpg

Upd.
Or to the 1st stage.

Edited by kerbiloid

3 hours ago, tater said:

Next Starlink launch in 3 days, lol.

And if it launches on time it will shave I think 3 days off the fastest turnaround.

Wikipedia says B1058 Demo-II to ANASIS-II was 1m 20d, but that month includes May 31st (51d).

B1060 L11 to L14 would be 1m 18d but September was only 30d long, so 48d.

At least until B1058 reclaims the title in November with CRS21!

Edited by RCgothic

Appears to have been a preburner test. No detanking yet. May recycle for additional testing later in the window. It has also been noticed that the "triangle" venting usually starts really close to 12 minutes before the test.

EDIT: Literally right as I posted I heard them say "Detanking now" lol

Edited by Ultimate Steve

6 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Appears to have been a preburner test. No detanking yet. May recycle for additional testing later in the window. It has also been noticed that the "triangle" venting usually starts really close to 12 minutes before the test.

EDIT: Literally right as I posted I heard them say "Detanking now" lol

Still several hours left in the window, and detanking appears to have stopped. They might recycle and go for a static fire.