SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

5 hours ago, RCgothic said:

The Transporter 1 ride-share mission is in trouble. In addition to the sats that don't yet have a license leading to Starlinks potentially being added to make up the payload at a very late stage, 2 DARPA sats have been inadvertently ejected from their dispensers.

If I had a dime for every time I accidentally put my payload decouplers as stage zero and staged them off on the pad before firing my engines...well, I'd have like, a dollar.

57 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

If I had a dime for every time I accidentally put my payload decouplers as stage zero and staged them off on the pad before firing my engines...well, I'd have like, a dollar.

Check yo' staging

2 hours ago, Kass_Is_Legend said:

as most of you should know by now, yesterday SN9 completed its raptor static fire test, looked a LOT better then sn8's 

there is a 1091 pages and counting thread about Spacex....and is usually in the top 3 spots. You can post it there

6 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Good for him.

Isn't this mostly from Tesla stock though? And isn't that extremely variable? So are we likely to see Jeff Who take the lead again soon?

Its from Tesla stock. Now I say it overvalued, the self driving AI might be the most valuable part down the line as its very hard to get right unlike electric drive systems. 
However stock value is not about the long term value of the company, its about expected short term changes and how an investor can profit. 
Obviously Amazon, Microsoft or Google has way more revenue but as they are large they don't shift much, more so for older and more diverse companies.

13 minutes ago, Delta dart said:

Okay I have been gone a very long time so can someone update me on Snines progress and potential launch dates.

Static fire yesterday. They're probably going to try another static fire within the next few days, maybe a launch sometime after they're done with those.

Launch coverage is Live at T-14 minutes.

Just Read the Instructions is in place for booster landing.

Both fairing halves have been previously used (on different flights). They will only be trying to catch one fairing half in a net...and the other will be recovered from the drink. Don't know why.

38 minutes ago, Brotoro said:

They will only be trying to catch one fairing half in a net...and the other will be recovered from the drink. Don't know why.

At a guess, doing more testing for water landings. Also, only need one ship this way, assuming one ship can carry both halves

Edited by StrandedonEarth

8 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

At a guess, doing more testing for water landings. Also, only need one ship this way, assuming one ship can carry both halves

I think they said that two ships were out to recover the fairings.

Second burn was in the blind. But was good. And Turksat just separated. Good job.

I think I have some kind of prediction for Superheavy which is that the whole "catching a booster with the launch arm" idea will be later on in the life of Starship since it seems a bit to overcomplicated for the first 50~ flights or so and I think we may see some sort of landing legs earlier on before transitioning to mid air booster catching.

3 minutes ago, Delta dart said:

I think I have some kind of prediction for Superheavy which is that the whole "catching a booster with the launch arm" idea will be later on in the life of Starship since it seems a bit to overcomplicated for the first 50~ flights or so and I think we may see some sort of landing legs earlier on before transitioning to mid air booster catching.

Yeah, they definitely won't catch it on the first flight. I wouldn't say 50 flights but certainly for 20 flights or so, SH will have landing legs.