SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

3 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Why in the world would someone at SX think it was a good idea to cut the neighbor's feed?

Mistakes happen, sounds like some uncertainty about whose property it was. I would imagine the security people just did it.

6 minutes ago, Flying dutchman said:

I don't onderstand, on march 3rd elon tweeted that the launch would be tommorrow (4th) so how come they are still proceeding?

Can you clarify - that makes no sense whatsoever!!!! Thanks

8 minutes ago, Flying dutchman said:

I don't onderstand, on march 3rd elon tweeted that the launch would be tommorrow (4th) so how come they are still proceeding?

1 minute ago, paul_c said:

Can you clarify - that makes no sense whatsoever!!!! Thanks

He followed up with another tweet saying that the flight was on March 3rd, aka today.

Elon's sleep schedule is weird so sometimes he thinks today is tomorrow :P

Put simply, yeah I think he's just got his dates muddled. A more involved answer might be, that in order for tomorrow's actual launch, there are a number of pre-launch tasks to be done, of which some occur today, some tomorrow morning. The road closure could be for a number of other reasons, eg to move the crane away; not just due to a launch itself.

He didn't get his dates muddled. If someone says "tomorrow morning" while it is still night, they mean in a few hours, when it is daytime again.

Ie: "We're leaving for Italy tomorrow!" is something someone would say at 11:59pm, or 12:01 am, and they'd both mean the same thing.

It's definitely going down today. Just watched the flight termination system get armed on NSF. Pad is cleared. Currently looks like we're go for Launch in 40 mins or so.

RCS testing in progress.

Spoiler

12 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Now he's starting his own game of Elon Musk's Civilization, with the starting city of Starbase.

So, it's former Boca-Chica, afaijustr.

1. Why not rename it in StarbocaChica, i.e. *BocaChica?
It would save them efforts with official renaming. 
The ignoramuses and officials would keep calling  it "BocaChica", while the initiates would know that the first char is "star" and pronounce it correctly, "StarBocaChica".
No official renaming would be required.

2. Will now BocaChicaGal be renamed into StarBaseGal ?

3. Will there be Starbucks there, or they will take the "star bucks" too personally and prohibit it at all?

P.S.
Still waiting for the EMS signatures for the Starships.