SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

1 hour ago, Elthy said:

Why is everyone here so eager to reply to trolls? If he would realy want to know why Starship is build from steel he could search for that, e.g. "why starship steel" yields tons of articles on that topic.

I asked a similar question the other day* and folks were kind enough to answer.  Fact is that there are many here who are in the enthusiast-to-expert range of knowledge on this and other topics... and others like me that are basically interested Neanderthals who enjoy talking to the highly educated.

Point being: sometimes its fun to chat with the community, even when a dry 'google' might reveal the answer.

*I may not be a full-on troll, but I do have a snarky sense of humor.

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

6 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I asked a similar question the other day* and folks were kind enough to answer.  Fact is that there are many here who are in the enthusiast-to-expert range of knowledge on this and other topics... and others like me that are basically interested Neanderthals who enjoy talking to the highly educated.

Point being: sometimes its fun to chat with the community, even when a dry 'google' might reveal the answer.

*I may not be a full-on troll, but I do have a snarky sense of humor.

It’s not what he’s asking, it’s the way he’s asking, like he’s spoiling for a fight. He seems to think he’s so much smarter than actual rocket scientists and seems ver confrontational in how he “asks” questions. 

those are the signs of a troll. It’s ok to ask legitimate questions. 

3 minutes ago, Brotoro said:

Why don’t they show the ground track or something more interesting than a view of mission control?

The co-coverage with NASA is meh. The ground shots and wb-57 are cool.