SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

38 minutes ago, tater said:

Sure, but that will happen before stacking.

Rapid reflight will be for one "cargo" only—residual propellants.

Kind of suspect payloads will be installed into boxes who is put on a payload adapter multiple stories tall. 
Benefit is that you can easy launch multiple payloads and you do not need cleanroom environment. You will still need an building for integrating and I don't like the whale mouth door as it will be an pain to integrate payloads. Something like the shuttle doors or an single one make it much easier as in you can just slide it in. 

Starship is stacked for the third time! Depending on the fate of the booster this could be the last time it happens for this pair, since after a full stack cryo B4 will either have to start the static fire campaign or be decommissioned to leave space to B7

8 hours ago, Beccab said:

Starship is stacked for the third time! Depending on the fate of the booster this could be the last time it happens for this pair, since after a full stack cryo B4 will either have to start the static fire campaign or be decommissioned to leave space to B7

You know... when I first started watching them build that tower, like many things at SX, I was almost thinking, "What in the... this will never work; will it?"

But seeing that lift and stack being done outside - as opposed to what NASA has traditionally done (cool in an of itself) - is TOTALLY next level.

Man - I am looking forward to seeing that thing fly!

20 minutes ago, Beccab said:

The Starship installation at the Brownsvill airport has begun construction, featuring surprisingly enough an SN8 flap!

You know, I just love this idea. If everything else gets scrapped, these display prototypes will still yield data on how they stand up to the elements

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

You know, I just love this idea. If everything else gets scrapped, these display prototypes will still yield data on how they stand up to the elements

Any bets on how long after installation someone spray paints or fat black markers it?