SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

13 launches of one booster. How much money were not drowned in the Atlantic? I'm still amazed other launch companies aren't scrambling to switch their fleets to reuseable rockets. Though, well... they are not drowning their own money, so...

3 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

Just sounds like someone calling out musk for being an abhorrent person, and musk not being able to take criticism. This is typical behavior for musk’s companies.

4 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

You've presumably been on the forum long enough that literally any discussion along these lines will lock the thread as the usual suspects will chime in ready to jump on any random, unsubstantiated claim.

Great when there are 3 launches this weekend, one in about 1.5 hours, how about take it someplace else?

2 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Just sounds like someone calling out musk for being an abhorrent person, and musk not being able to take criticism. This is typical behavior for musk’s companies.

They are literally complaining about Elon's politics in that story, not his personal behavior. It's his company, what he tweets sitting on the toilet is his own business.

Hence this conversational thread being a Bad Idea™.

3 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:
Just now, SpaceFace545 said:

I'm split personally, because while on one hand I definitely agree with the writers of the letter (there's little to discuss about wether Musk's behaviour puts the company in a worse light or not, it does), Shotwell's email describes company wide, unsolicited emails and repeated requests to sign the letter, which are not the right way to do this

3 minutes ago, tater said:

Great when there are 3 launches this weekend, one in about 1.5 hours, how about take it someplace else?

Agreed on this though, it's better do it on a secondary thread not to end up having the thread locked during the launches

2 hours ago, tater said:

You've presumably been on the forum long enough that literally any discussion along these lines will lock the thread as the usual suspects will chime in ready to jump on any random, unsubstantiated claim.

I guess Im relatively new to paying attention to this subforum so I honestly didn’t know that. Just curious cause it effects the company’s future and its a top story right now. Id hope folks could chat reasonably about that but I see how that could go off the rails. Happy if mods want to snip that or folks can just ignore. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

March 3, 2022:

FVd330-WIAAvwvZ?format=jpg&name=large

today:

FVd34tiXsAIPPls?format=jpg&name=large

A little bit of construction happening.

EDIT: the 2 screenshots were tweeted by Michael Sheetz, but it was hard to see in the thumbnails.

Edited by tater