SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

On 7/7/2022 at 6:13 AM, Beccab said:

First and second stage loaded, t-1 minute. This is the 100th time an F9 first stage has been reflown!

Liftoff, max q, stage sep, S2 ignition & fairing sep completed. Entry burn in about a minute

On 7/7/2022 at 6:24 AM, RCgothic said:

No successful landing callout...

On 7/7/2022 at 6:24 AM, Beccab said:

Landing confirmed

We never did see this booster come home, did we? Never did catch the number. B1063 just came home, but I think that was the last one…

17 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

We never did see this booster come home, did we? Never did catch the number. B1063 just came home, but I think that was the last one…

Nope, that one was B1058 on her 13th flight. But we did see it return:

The unloading was also quite fast, it landed on JRTI which is already back in the sea for the launch of Starlink 4-22 in three days - 16 hours spent in Port Canaveral in total

Also:

Edited by Beccab

Hate to say it... but that looks like one of those dealership "Yes, maam... we gotta take out the dash to be able to access the back of the engine manifold before we work on your exhaust springs and Johnson rods... you'd better leave it with us for a few days..." kinda problems.

3 hours ago, Beccab said:

Nope, that one was B1058 on her 13th flight. But we did see it return:

The unloading was also quite fast, it landed on JRTI which is already back in the sea for the launch of Starlink 4-22 in three days - 16 hours spent in Port Canaveral in total

Also:

Ah, thanks. Missed the news of its return after that “landing video not available “. Had me concerned…

Launch time: 1450 GMT (10:50 a.m. EDT)
Launch site: SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida

SFN showing Starlink 4-25 launching from 39A on the 24th. That seems like a fast turn around from the CRS launch. But yeah, possibly 3 more launches this month. Insane.

So it sure looks like some of those engine covers were blown partially if not completely off. I would guess if an engine straight up exploded it would be worse, but thats a lot of force on all those relatively delicate ‘fiddly bits’ on the engine heads. I don’t know how B7 is back in action next week. 

7 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

So it sure looks like some of those engine covers were blown partially if not completely off. I would guess if an engine straight up exploded it would be worse, but thats a lot of force on all those relatively delicate ‘fiddly bits’ on the engine heads. I don’t know how B7 is back in action next week. 

Have we seen the engines for B8 yet?  If so they could just swap the engines.  Then they have plenty of time to inspect these, or send them back to the factory or McGregor.

1 hour ago, AVaughan said:

Have we seen the engines for B8 yet?  If so they could just swap the engines.  Then they have plenty of time to inspect these, or send them back to the factory or McGregor.

Nope, I assume they want to finish it in one of the high bays before starting to transport the engines. The final stacking happened last week, so by the end of the month we could see the rollout if B7 doesn't take too long

Entry Burn

Landing burn

Landed

SECO

124th landing

Assuming these starlinks deploy, they will have equaled last year's successful launches by mid July.

Edited by tater