SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

3 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

What is all the scaffolding? 

This crew was asking the same question, I'm sure they will revisit this episode and maybe have some ideas.   They do this every Saturday.  They usually have aerial photos from a plane but weather has been too poor this week so ground photos only this time

[snip]

Edited by Vanamonde

1 hour ago, darthgently said:

This crew was asking the same question, I'm sure they will revisit this episode and maybe have some ideas.   They do this every Saturday.  They usually have aerial photos from a plane but weather has been too poor this week so ground photos only this time

So I scanned around until I got to what I think is the relevant portion... Seems like there are a bunch of cracked and broken and missing tiles. 

The comments were 'every level this goes up, maybe tack on another week before 1st orbital flight.'. Reason for the scaffolding is that it's very windy this time of year and using the man basket runs a great risk for breaking additional tiles b/c it's impossible to keep the basket from hitting the side of the ship when it's blowing around in the wind. 

2 hours ago, sevenperforce said:

Any TL;DR on that?

He  went through the new drain line system to get rid of the startup gases without dropping them below where they can explode, then ended by saying it was temporary, and it can't launch in the current config, to be addressed in part 2.

Something like that, I put youtube on while driving to just listen to it.