SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

3 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

Even sexier pic:

19436319_322500334866976_226604236332544

As you can see, they ARE curved around the stage, plus they have awesome leading-edge sharp points to break up airflow.

You are only allowed to give 25 likes per day. You cannot give any more likes today.

Goddamn, already!? On a day like this!? Remind me to rep you guys later :mad:

*Ateention, unrealistic requests incoming *

We need two rep systems, one for SpaceX launches, and one for regular forum posting, so much good stuff gets posted here on launch days!

1 hour ago, Steel said:

Or, if we assume this was done by professional engineers rather than monkeys, maybe it could suggest that they've extensively simulated and tested these new grid fins and have updated the software with new parameters? :P

Undoubtedly. But there's no way in hell that's the full story. My point is that it works on a closed-loop feedback control. It moves the grid fins, checks how the rocket reacts, and then moves them some more until the rocket reacts the way that it should.

Okay, so it's a bit obvious now that I said it, but it's just something I never thought about :rolleyes:

Edited by Lukaszenko

9 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

We live yet? The spaceflight now stream is blank currently. Can someone please confirm?

Fire

Yeah, stream is not up. Elon did tweet that there is bad weather offshore and they had to reposition the droneship, so the landing will be a tight one.

Just now, blowfish said:

Has anyone been able to find the technical webcast?  I haven't been able to find it this time around.

Last one had no technical, either. It's less "showy" than the old ones.

Just now, Firemetal said:

Anyone else keep losing signal? The loss doesn't last long but it's kind of annoying. That weather doesn't look good either.

Fire

The Pacific coast is often foggy, it's not a concern.

So, you know how I time a different cover of "The Final Countdown" to the liftoff of each launch I watch? Well, I found this song called "Through the Fire and Flames." IT SOUNDS AMAZING. However, I am going to save it for the next Dragon launch. Why? Because it was written by Dragonforce.

So, I'm listening to this, with the liftoff happening at about 1:12.