SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

10 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I feel like it was spoiled a little by the NASA coverage. No music, mission control callouts or telemetry, with the commentators trying to fill every single second with chatter.

They also did an 'experiment' involving a water balloon at some point. It was hilariously cringe. 

Everything I hear about that livestream makes me more and more glad I was in a grass field with no cell reception. The stars really aligned for me here. 

Also, on a different topic, do we expect Starship and Superheavy to get noticeably dirty, kind of like the booster above? I know CH4 doesn’t produce soot like kerosene, but I’ve also heard that scorching has something to do with that discolouration as well. But there isn’t much paint to burn either. 

Edited by RyanRising
More content (or maybe negative content, but more words.)

2 minutes ago, RyanRising said:

Everything I hear about that livestream makes me more and more glad I was in a grass field with no cell reception. The stars really aligned for me here. 

Eh. It had a shot looking down from the booster shortly after liftoff that was pretty cool. I don't recall having seen such a thing in any of the Florida launches...they always show external shots of the liftoff. I'd like to see a side-by-side split excrements if the external and onboard views from a KSC launch.

9 hours ago, Codraroll said:

Oh, they've got nothing on ISRO. I seem to recall a broadcast from their livestream featuring a camera looking somewhat like this:

20-2.jpg

That is from the Norwegian movie Flåklypa grand prix. 

Edit, this about an game based on the movie but you see the camera rig in the intro shot. 

Edited by magnemoe