SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

Ep2QSpxXIAIpHrC?format=jpg&name=large

Flaps both fixed.

Was supposed to roll out 8 days ago. They lost 8 days.

Also, I was texting with my friend at NASA just now and poked him a little by saying if someone at Green Run dropped a screwdriver they'd probably delay by 8 weeks to make sure it didn't damage anything. He laughed and said "Maybe longer than that, lol."

22 hours ago, tater said:

I was texting with my friend at NASA just now and poked him a little by saying if someone at Green Run dropped a screwdriver they'd probably delay by 8 weeks to make sure it didn't damage anything. He laughed and said "Maybe longer than that, lol."

That reminds me of that comic.

NASAvsSpacex.jpg

Edited by GuessingEveryDay
Picture dissappeared.

25 minutes ago, tater said:

Just threw this together quickly with a rough pixel count to scale tank diameters, so roughly to scale. I tried to get about the same angle, hence the belly shot of STS. SN9 is a bocachicagal shot.

Spoiler

KKRfCxM.jpg

Godly.

16 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Ordinarily I wouldn't support peeking under a skirt with a telephoto lens, but.....

4 hours ago, tater said:

Just threw this together quickly with a rough pixel count to scale tank diameters, so roughly to scale. I tried to get about the same angle, hence the belly shot of STS. SN9 is a bocachicagal shot.

KKRfCxM.jpg

This make me realize how awesome it would be if any of shuttle ET adaptation program was persued, like telescope one or wet lab one

1 minute ago, derega16 said:

This make me realize how awesome it would be if any of shuttle ET adaptation program was persued, like telescope one or wet lab one

I saw this discussed today on Twitter. The foam shedding situation was described as like "popcorn". Probably not the best idea after all.