SpaceX Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

There might be another test tank coming soon:

OK so most parts are clearly marked. 
Now naming tanks designed for destructive testing the same as the test rockets sounds a bit silly to me so no SN 7. 
And yes  SN 7.2 sounds down right stupid. Kind of how many standards naming spiral out of control as in USB 3.2 Gen 2x2

5 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

OK so most parts are clearly marked. 
Now naming tanks designed for destructive testing the same as the test rockets sounds a bit silly to me so no SN 7. 
And yes  SN 7.2 sounds down right stupid. Kind of how many standards naming spiral out of control as in USB 3.2 Gen 2x2

Falcon 9 v1.2 Full Thrust Block 5

15 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Falcon 9 v1.2 Full Thrust Block 5

Think its just Falcon 9 block 5, version numbers and full trust was older names before they went to Block who is common for stuff like military planes. 
However think Blocks tend to be upgrade options to existing planes. 

The Transporter 1 ride-share mission is in trouble. In addition to the sats that don't yet have a license leading to Starlinks potentially being added to make up the payload at a very late stage, 2 DARPA sats have been inadvertently ejected from their dispensers.

25 minutes ago, RCgothic said:

The Transporter 1 ride-share mission is in trouble. In addition to the sats that don't yet have a license leading to Starlinks potentially being added to make up the payload at a very late stage, 2 DARPA sats have been inadvertently ejected from their dispensers.

Payload separation confirmed! :P

It’s a shame, though, was looking forward to an SSO launch from CCAFS and SHERPA’s flight.

Ouch. Someone pulled wrong lever too early?

Technically, satellites are built strong enough to withstand minutes of sustained acceleration and shaking. But on the other hand, they tend to have fragile bits outside - solar panels, antennas, cameras etc.

I bet there were many red ears after the incident.

4 minutes ago, Scotius said:

Ouch. Someone pulled wrong lever too early?

Technically, satellites are built strong enough to withstand minutes of sustained acceleration and shaking. But on the other hand, they tend to have fragile bits outside - solar panels, antennas, cameras etc.

I bet there were many red ears after the incident.

It's not immediately clear where the fault lies. Yes, it was during payload integration at a SpaceX facility. But it could be a faulty customer adaptor, like Zuma. Or maybe SpaceX did do something wrong this time.

Impacts can easily have dozens of hundreds of Gs of acceleration. Hope some of the peripherals acted as crumple zones!

Edited by RCgothic
5 hours ago, RCgothic said:

If I had a dime for every time I accidentally put my payload decouplers as stage zero and staged them off on the pad before firing my engines...well, I'd have like, a dollar.

57 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

If I had a dime for every time I accidentally put my payload decouplers as stage zero and staged them off on the pad before firing my engines...well, I'd have like, a dollar.

Check yo' staging

2 hours ago, Kass_Is_Legend said:

as most of you should know by now, yesterday SN9 completed its raptor static fire test, looked a LOT better then sn8's 

there is a 1091 pages and counting thread about Spacex....and is usually in the top 3 spots. You can post it there

6 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Good for him.

Isn't this mostly from Tesla stock though? And isn't that extremely variable? So are we likely to see Jeff Who take the lead again soon?

Its from Tesla stock. Now I say it overvalued, the self driving AI might be the most valuable part down the line as its very hard to get right unlike electric drive systems. 
However stock value is not about the long term value of the company, its about expected short term changes and how an investor can profit. 
Obviously Amazon, Microsoft or Google has way more revenue but as they are large they don't shift much, more so for older and more diverse companies.

13 minutes ago, Delta dart said:

Okay I have been gone a very long time so can someone update me on Snines progress and potential launch dates.

Static fire yesterday. They're probably going to try another static fire within the next few days, maybe a launch sometime after they're done with those.

Launch coverage is Live at T-14 minutes.

Just Read the Instructions is in place for booster landing.

Both fairing halves have been previously used (on different flights). They will only be trying to catch one fairing half in a net...and the other will be recovered from the drink. Don't know why.