Jump to content

SpaceX Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

Do we know yet what arrangement of engines that SpaceX plans to use on the Super Heavy, and what the bottom of the Super Heavy will look like? t won't have the four landing legs any more, but is it going to be a straight 9-meter diameter cylinder all the way down, or does the body flare outward at the bottom (as I have seen in some renders)?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Brotoro said:

Do we know yet what arrangement of engines that SpaceX plans to use on the Super Heavy, and what the bottom of the Super Heavy will look like? t won't have the four landing legs any more, but is it going to be a straight 9-meter diameter cylinder all the way down, or does the body flare outward at the bottom (as I have seen in some renders)?

no, as per last blueprint, is just a 9 meter wide tube

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Flavio hc16 said:

no, as per last blueprint, is just a 9 meter wide tube

So starship style landing legs? 
Should work as with all the engines it will have an low center of mass. 

No catching it by the fins is well down the line, they are just now crowd sourcing how to do it :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

  

8 hours ago, magnemoe said:

No catching it by the fins is well down the line, they are just now crowd sourcing how to do it

 

8 hours ago, magnemoe said:

crowd sourcing

 

8 hours ago, magnemoe said:

crowd

That's it!

Spoiler

c34f0a232fd2100daf90806f1ada6749.jpg

(The helmets are obligatory)

 

 

Edited by kerbiloid
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Funny you should mention that... 

 

...and this is why the future of Space needs to be commercial, and not governmental.  Government programs paved the way - but no government has ever been as flexible as a commercial operation can be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...