SpaceX Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, RCgothic said:

The tower's coming along very quickly.

Gonna need to if they want to stack a SS/SH this summer.

Long Crew-2 coverage starts in 9 hours:

Launch 5:49 a.m. EDT (0949 GMT) Friday

Edited by tater
28 minutes ago, Max von Kerman said:

Excited about Crew 2 launch in 5 hours and since its friday i dont have school after 12:00 yay

More like 11 hours.

The coverage starts early since they have all kinds of suiting up, drive to the pad, etc. Takes forever. Launch is at 0949 GMT.

Booster may eventually be reusable a dozen times a day.

Ship 1000 times a year. Many more ships than boosters.

Wow. That sounds like a big ask. But it sure would be something. That's 440,000 tons to LEO a year per booster btw.

Edited by RCgothic
18 minutes ago, RCgothic said:

Booster may eventually be reusable 1000 times a day.

This does not sound reasonable. There is 86400 seconds in a day. That would need launch every 86 seconds. Even powered flight is much longer. Also 100 times per day is not credible. It takes about 500 seconds from pad to pad and it is clearly impossible to refill booster and install new Starship and make all safety checks and countdown in 6 minutes. Practically one launch per day would be incredible pace.

Did I completely miss something, post in the wrong place, or watch the wrong video, or is Crew-2 in progress right as we speak with no activity in this thread whatsoever? 

EDIT: Looks like somebody else shares my delusion, if nothing else.

EDIT2: Booster landed safely, second stage still flying nominally. Yay.

EDIT3: Dragon separated. I guess it's smooth sailing to the ISS from here on.

Edited by Codraroll

That seemed like an awful lot of debris. Maybe it's lighting, maybe it's something else.

At T+6:08, there's a rather large ring of something floating around, somewhere in between the lower CGTs and the thrust section.

They landed the booster and orbited the crew nominally, so a moot point, but I wonder why this happened?

54 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

That seemed like an awful lot of debris. Maybe it's lighting, maybe it's something else.

Yes it's the lighting, the rocket was in full sunlight, but earth wasn't in the shot so the camera exposure was high.
Secretly all rocket launches shed a lot of ice.

2 hours ago, Codraroll said:

Did I completely miss something, post in the wrong place, or watch the wrong video, or is Crew-2 in progress right as we speak with no activity in this thread whatsoever? 

EDIT: Looks like somebody else shares my delusion, if nothing else.

EDIT2: Booster landed safely, second stage still flying nominally. Yay.

EDIT3: Dragon separated. I guess it's smooth sailing to the ISS from here on.

This is the true mark of SX's success: their launches are so common and routine that even we don't make an event out of it 

2 hours ago, munlander1 said:

The exhaust clouds seems to have separated into two different clouds. One is white just like any cloud but the other one is blue. Why blue?

2 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

That seemed like an awful lot of debris. Maybe it's lighting, maybe it's something else

I'm with you guys on this - the booster video looks like something is going on, but I'll take @kedrednael 's answer. 

Was the exhaust blue b/c high atmosphere vs lower (yellower)?