Jump to content

SpaceX Discussion Thread


Skylon
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rutabaga22 said:

That abomination looks like a wild mix between starship and dragon

Yeah, and even weirder he conceptualized launching it on a pair of Falcon 9s:

cursed.png

Putting in SuperDracos for aux is nice and all but it's not like they're going to be a meaningful contributor during abort. Eight SuperDracos together produce only a quarter the thrust of a single sea level Raptor 2. Could be useful for moon landings though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

Yeah, and even weirder he conceptualized launching it on a pair of Falcon 9s:

cursed.png

Putting in SuperDracos for aux is nice and all but it's not like they're going to be a meaningful contributor during abort. Eight SuperDracos together produce only a quarter the thrust of a single sea level Raptor 2. Could be useful for moon landings though.

That looks exquisitely Kerbal.  In fact, I've tried that exact build several times.  Needs struts, and fins on the bottom and still can't get to orbit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

That looks exquisitely Kerbal.  In fact, I've tried that exact build several times.  Needs struts, and fins on the bottom and still can't get to orbit.

Now, if you could mount the boosters on either side of the orbiter and send it up in parallel launch style, that could work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

Now, if you could mount the boosters on either side of the orbiter and send it up in parallel launch style, that could work.

Needs an orange tank. 

Yeah, maybe with an orange tank, the two side boosters, and maybe flattening of the far side of the lander it could work 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Needs an orange tank. 

Yeah, maybe with an orange tank, the two side boosters, and maybe flattening of the far side of the lander it could work 

I think MOAR BOOSTERS are needed.

Specifically on the near side of the vehicle.

Spoiler

10e95c8c67f067b9fa627c6196e5faba.jpg

Also canards.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Remember when we were all chomping at the bit for every launch years ago? I cant even keep up anymore. This is is insane. I hope SpaceX can keep this pace. And I hope the employees aren't being driven into the ground too hard..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...