SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

My employer has me working in the office two days a week and working from home three days a week. I can pick my days.

Next week, I have evening commitments that require Tuesday and Wednesday to be WFH days.

So -- do I WFH on Monday as well, and go into the office on Thurs and Fri? Or do I go into the office on Monday and WFH Tues-Thurs in case the launch slips to Thursday?

13 hours

30 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

My employer has me working in the office two days a week and working from home three days a week. I can pick my days.

Next week, I have evening commitments that require Tuesday and Wednesday to be WFH days.

So -- do I WFH on Monday as well, and go into the office on Thurs and Fri? Or do I go into the office on Monday and WFH Tues-Thurs in case the launch slips to Thursday?

Hard to tell what is going on at this point.

3 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Or, more likely, the… 20th… <_<

Depends on what their recycle times actually are. The 20th is a Thursday, and should they be able to recycles and try again Friday—what if they had some issue detanking? Then the vehicle has to sit around for dunno, an extra day. Beach is then closed on the weekend, something they agreed with the County they were not gonna do. I mean, they might, because 4/20, but it seems like it presents other issues vs a Monday.

For the test flight, the window is 7am – 11am Central. Hawaii is 5 hours earlier, and the partial orbit might take ~1 hour? If they go at 7, then EDL is at night. If they go towards the end (after 10), the splashdown could be at 6am – 7am. Depends on how they want to visualize it.

1 hour ago, tater said:

For the test flight, the window is 7am – 11am Central. Hawaii is 5 hours earlier, and the partial orbit might take ~1 hour? If they go at 7, then EDL is at night. If they go towards the end (after 10), the splashdown could be at 6am – 7am. Depends on how they want to visualize it.

It actually end at 10:05, so yeah it's most definitely at night

5 hours ago, Beccab said:

It actually end at 10:05, so yeah it's most definitely at night

Oh, thought it went to 11. Then add maybe an hour for the partial orbit. So if it did the very end of the window splashdown is at ~6am Hawaii time.

I see, the FAA times keep changing to earlier. The first one had it til 12:45 central.

Edited by tater