SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

Random aside - is it just me, or is everyone not able to rewind this stream to an earlier position like usual? I missed the launch by like one minute and wanted to rewind to the liftoff, but I can't. The progress bar isn't even clickable. Never saw that happen before,

Edited by Streetwind

1 minute ago, Ignath said:

I wish that footage hadn't cut out from OCISLY...I bet that landing was HAIRY.  When the footage froze it look like the engine was kicking up waves off the side of the barge, then there were scorch marks all the way across to the other side, then S1 was sitting off-center.  Crazy!

Yeah - just shows how much their control systems have improved! That sounds like a lot of their first few landing attempts - only without the final explosion. :)

Just now, CatastrophicFailure said:

That recorded footage from the barge is gonna be epic, I think. :D

I am SO looking forward to that. Going to be a lot like KSP - a little to the left... we're off-centre, no it's too much to the left! Oh god, turn right... ahhhhhh... whew... we landed...

Just now, Streetwind said:

Random aside - is it just me, or is everyone not able to rewind this stream to an earlier position liek usual? I missed the launch by like one minute and wanted to rewind to the liftoff, but I can't. The progress bar isn't even clickable. Never saw that happen before,

Same :( 

Just now, kerbinorbiter said:

yeah i agree it seems like the engine may have hit the camarea causing the LOS i think thats what happened

This happens on all the ASDS landings (or nearly all).

Just now, Streetwind said:

Random aside - is it just me, or is everyone not able to rewind this stream to an earlier position like usual? I missed the launch by like one minute and wanted to rewind to the liftoff, but I can't. The progress bar isn't even clickable. Never saw that happen before,

Experiencing same problem...

1 minute ago, tater said:

They can afford to experiment with the sea landings on old boosters. Once they get block 5, they're not going to want the trouble of the old ones I bet.

whats block 5? ether i know and have forgoten

heres some food for thought: i wonder if elon is watching this thread and looking at the landing posts and saying "uhuh yeah it was that" :P 

Edited by kerbinorbiter

1 minute ago, tater said:

They can afford to experiment with the sea landings on old boosters. Once they get block 5, they're not going to want the trouble of the old ones I bet.

OK, I vote they try for a couple of donuts with the next sea landing. Looks like they pulled off a beauty of a bootlegger turn with this one - now we demand MOAR STUNTS! :)

2 minutes ago, kerbinorbiter said:

whats block 5? ether i know and have forgoten

SX is inconsistent in naming the sub-types of F9, but they are currently building the "block 4" design, and have some already built B3s. Block 5 incorporates the lessons of previous boosters to make reuse easier titanium grid fins, better TPS on the bottom, legs that can fold back up, etc.

Dear Elon, if you are reading this, can we get an 'Elon Cam' where we watch your reaction to the launch. With me it has gotten to the point where I feel butterflies in my stomach with some landings, especially with ones like this. I'd love to see the reaction from you.

Just now, Serpens Solidus said:

He never fails to make me laugh.

"Waiter? My rocket is overdone!"

Edit: "Don't worry sir, I'll have another one ready on Sunday"

Edited by Skylon