Boring company

20 minutes ago, YNM said:

If you do them like they mined the limestone beneath Paris, then it might well be...

That being said, so far Paris hasn't disappeared into the ground... yet...

A  lot of American cities sit on earthquake fault lines. Such as LA. Yesterday LA has a earthquake. Imagine if this happened on a coastal American city that sits one fault line. Boston is built mostly on landfill so that will not work. Boston has some of the worst traffic in the U.S. NY is already flooding on a yearly basis. Sure this will work in SOME cities but this is not a magical elon invention. Consider land erosion coupled with fault line AND then drilling massive tunnels under the city that will transport hundreds of people at a time. Imagine if a large earthquake hit LA during rush hour after years of see erosion. Consider how many building would already fall and count the fact you have large waves coming in. Now you have thousands of people underground and using that as an evacuation route AND now all those buildings are weakened

Edited by Cheif Operations Director

On 7/6/2019 at 8:35 AM, Cheif Operations Director said:

Consider land erosion coupled with fault line AND then drilling massive tunnels under the city that will transport hundreds of people at a time.

You get Japan.

They make tons and tons of tunnels just fine...

They even made this :

But does it come cheap ? You can only guess...

EDIT : Guess who made more videos of it !

Edited by YNM

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It looks shiny, but I'm not impressed at the functionality.

Limiting transit to small vehicles might make sense in a complex network with many entry and exit points ( imagine the vacuum tubes in the intro to Futurama), and limited peak usage periods. 

This system would need to have much more than just 10 cars to be functionally equivalent to even a small airport shuttle/rail system.

This is just another Vegas attraction, not a transportation solution.

3 minutes ago, tater said:

Doubt it's gasoline ;)

I mean, ok groundwater seeping into your digging hole isn't that unusual, but I'd like to know what part of the digging site is it.

5 minutes ago, YNM said:

I mean, ok groundwater seeping into your digging hole isn't that unusual, but I'd like to know what part of the digging site is it.

I'm actually surprised at groundwater in Vegas, but I have no idea where their watertable is. In coastal areas, the watertable is obviously not very deep.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.