Recording Problems

Paaaad

Not really sure where else to put this, so If a mod or admin could tow this to the right spot if I'm guessing wrong, that would be great. Thanks. See, the thing is I'm trying to use OBS to record my Elcano attempt, but every time I try, all I get is either a still image or like a slideshow. Is there a specific way I need to set OBS up for it to cooperate with KSP, or is there another free software I can use instead that works better?

Try using 720p as the display aspect, 2500 kb/s bitrate and 30 frames per second. If that doesn't do the trick try using the hardware encoder instead of the software encoder. Depending on how beefy your system is, the hardware encoder might be the way to go. It takes a lot of pressure off the CPU and as we know KSP is severly CPU intensive. 

I can't remember my exact specifications for when i stream KSP but if you want help later i can hop on twitch and help you out. Twitch name is leafbaron. Will most likely be around 5 PM Mountain Standard time. 

Edited by Leafbaron

Just now, Leafbaron said:

@Paaaad which part of it worked, I'm curious. 

Couldn't find the software vs. hardware setting, but I was able to locate and set the other three- much much smoother then my last attempt. No clue if it was one of those in particular or a combination of all three that did it though... Doubt it was the frame rate though, I know I've toyed with that in the past.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.