Blue Origin thread.

Vanamonde

17 minutes ago, tater said:

As underwhelmed as I am with BO, taking Wally Funk was a class move.

Well, they couldn’t let that stand… :P

8 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Are they gonna go on time or are the people gonna have to sit in their rocket seats through hours of countdown holds like every previous test flight?

It’s ok, they can take a page from the ship’s namesake and just go in their suits. -_-

Just now, RCgothic said:

The engine ignition at T=0 and clamp release at T+7 feels extremely weird. A very long hold down period.

It just feels weird because they use ignition as 0 instead of release. Shuttle and Saturn both started up around then in relation to liftoff.

1 hour ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Glad to see that I'm not alone in being disappointed by no on-board flight images (except for one very brief look at Earth from the ship at altitude.  Still - a great thing to watch!

I didn't get around to watching the live stream. There's no on-board video? Or at least external looking shots during the flight? Thats lame :/

Edited by MKI

32 minutes ago, MKI said:

I didn't get around to watching the live stream. There's no on-board video? Or at least external looking shots during the flight? Thats lame :/

We basically got a nicely done ground-cam that watched the thing take off and was pretty much able to resolve the entire flight (glowing blur at altitude).  Cam switched to a chase which then introduced a delay on watching the landing.  Apparently they wanted to control the story if things went bad.  No Branson-esque "Whee - look at us in spaaaace!' footage, and only a very brief SX-style 'look at the planet past our rocket's butt shot.'

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli