Blue Origin thread.

Vanamonde

12 minutes ago, tater said:

They really need to start from ground zero. Get their priorities in line and focus down. This whole new shepherd space tourist crap is just fogging up their actual ambitions and responsibilities. Either be a space tourist company or actually make rockets, doesn't seem like they can do both.

Sue Origin, like I heared inside some video's, is basically something which was made for a very spoiled rich man that doesn't have really any ambition to do some innovation. I know that Space is a business, to be honest the first real commercial launch was made  on 12th April 1965 with Intelsat 1 or Early Bird, but now isn't anymore something which force you to use only state-owned rocket. Now, Space launches can be managed entirely from private companies, and this mean basically that, for some "entrepreneurs", the only stuff which really matter for them is make money. SpaceX was litterally something which I will not describe (I would avoid rude languages) for historical companies. Not only ULA, but also Arianespace and Roscosmos had suffered the competition with SpaceX and their more efficient prizes. Some lanches will be always guaranteed by the goverment interest, expecially for military launches, or scientific mission. But is easy to understand that if SpaceX will continue to won the main contracts, it will became more harder for other rocket developers build their rocket and maintain their "place" on market.

When "the amazon bald guy" has started the lawsuit with NASA after he has lost the Artemis Contract, has really showed that probably He is the main issues for Nasa scientific programs. And this was confirmed by the fact that now Artemis was blocked. Really hope that his company made for his ridiculous ego will close shortly

28 minutes ago, tater said:

Live

Stream is painful (as all BO streams are).

T - 1 HOUR.

LOL, yeah, I'll turn it on later

A stream 9 times longer than the entire spaceflight, and that is not taking into account any hold they will almost certainly have. Why, BO, why

Edited by Beccab

BREAKING NEWS:

William Shatner has officially b-oldly went where many have gone before.

Shatner rode Jeff Bezo's New Shepherd rocket which has come under fire recently due to reports of rushed development and disregard for safety.

Spoiler

This message was sponsored by the Elon Enthusiast Gang.

5 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Missed this due to... no interest in watching the boring stream.

Why not?

The total stream was 3 HOURS. For a whatever-minute flight. Then, they land, and I figured I want to hear Shatner talk. Bezos lets them out of the capsule, and as Shatner starts doing what is in fact advertising for these flights, he's clearly saying (with Bezos right next to him) how awesome it was‚ Bezos WALKS AWAY FROM HIM to get the champagne, everyone else is "wooo hoo!" hooting (the ground people, NOT the participants), and you can barely hear Shatner. ^%$#^%$#%$#^^&*

Just so incredibly rude—and stupid. Shatner saying whatever he was gonna say is the money shot. How can the BO people be that tone deaf?

1 hour ago, tater said:

The total stream was 3 HOURS. For a whatever-minute flight. Then, they land, and I figured I want to hear Shatner talk. Bezos lets them out of the capsule, and as Shatner starts doing what is in fact advertising for these flights, he's clearly saying (with Bezos right next to him) how awesome it was‚ Bezos WALKS AWAY FROM HIM to get the champagne, everyone else is "wooo hoo!" hooting (the ground people, NOT the participants), and you can barely hear Shatner. ^%$#^%$#%$#^^&*

Just so incredibly rude—and stupid. Shatner saying whatever he was gonna say is the money shot. How can the BO people be that tone deaf?

Agreed, that was too bad that happened.  But, I am glad he did come back to him and he did express himself very well.  It was just real.  I was moved by it personally.

1 hour ago, tater said:

4 hours ago, tater said:

Not letting Shatner talk, what is the matter with them?

4 hours ago, Brotoro said:

Gotta spray the fizzy booze.

2 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Kinda been their whole MO lately… :P 

2 hours ago, KSK said:

“We often see the customer as a nuisance.”

1 hour ago, Beccab said:

SpaceX fans assemble!