[1.4.1] TooManyOrbits v1.1.2

knowbuddy

TooManyOrbits

Have you launched so many vessels that Kerbin looks like the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
Setting up maneuvers is harder than it should be because there are just too many orbit lines?
Then this mod is for you.

TooManyOrbits lets you hide vessels and celestial body orbits and icons with the press of a single button.

BQBtvjk.jpg

Download from SpaceDock

CKAN-listed-blue.png SpaceDock-listed-orange.png MIT license Source

Changelog

Spoiler

* Updated to work with KSP 1.4.1

* Attempt to fix NPE when toggling orbits
* Fixed wrong KSP target version in AVC version file

* Key binding can be changed
* Remember window position
* KSP-AVC support
* Configuration file is now stored in PluginData directory
* Added window miniature mode

* Fixed packaging

* Initial release

Edited by knowbuddy
Updated to v1.1.2

Not yet. I might include a way to change the key binding in the next update. I already looked into it, but it seems KSP does not offer any way to set up key bindings and / or check for conflicts (not that I'm aware of at least).

38 minutes ago, knowbuddy said:

Not yet. I might include a way to change the key binding in the next update. I already looked into it, but it seems KSP does not offer any way to set up key bindings and / or check for conflicts (not that I'm aware of at least).

Clearly KSP only provides key binding support for its own commands (not sure, how could it do for add-ons where the commands aren't even known to KSP?). Clearly no keys conflict management too. Could be an idea for another add-on.

Anyway, short of making some sort of UI for just the need to allow rebinding this (which seems overkill to me), could a very simple config file be used to store the selected key, which seems easy enough to edit to a user liking?

14 minutes ago, diomedea said:

Clearly KSP only provides key binding support for its own commands (not sure, how could it do for add-ons where the commands aren't even known to KSP?). Clearly no keys conflict management too. Could be an idea for another add-on.

Anyway, short of making some sort of UI for just the need to allow rebinding this (which seems overkill to me), could a very simple config file be used to store the selected key, which seems easy enough to edit to a user liking?

To directly let the user edit the configuration file would be one way. But from a user's perspective that would be an awful lot of work for such a "simple" thing. Maybe a simple dropdown menu will do.

I designed a moddable keybinding system once - for a developer it's not a big deal to allow mods to register their own keys. But if it's going to be added it should be vanilla (imho such things don't belong into addons).

57 minutes ago, MK3424 said:

Does it have to be a key? Because a simple button in the (mod) menu would also be useful..

You can already turn it on and off in the mod menu. However, it's not a button if that's important :wink:

niiiiiiice. Got a PayPal? I will donate to this, as I've been hankering for a mod like this for years and have requested it a few times in the Addon forum.

Can the button also be shown in the Tracking Station? Or does the code only work in flight scene?

17 hours ago, diomedea said:

You could try making some sort of standardized keybinding mod, that keeps track of mod keybindings. Sort of like Community Resource Pack or Addon Version Checker.

Edited by IronCretin

2 hours ago, IronCretin said:

You could try making some sort of standardized keybinding mod, that keeps track of mod keybindings. Sort of like Community Resource Pack or Addon Version Checker.

Would only work with mod whose authors decide to use it.

I started to write one a while ago, I might get back to it in a while

On 4/29/2017 at 0:55 PM, knowbuddy said:

Thank you!

I couldn't believe there's not mod for this either. Not even an outdated one :o

I submitted the mod to CKAN and it's waiting to be approved. Not sure how long this process usually takes.

It was merged in about 15 minutes ago

Would it be much of a hassle to add a key binding option with the rest of the settings in this mod? There's certainly space for it between "Enabled" and "Hide vessel icons" and it would solve a number of mod conflicts.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

--been seen by Kottabos.

6 minutes of video about the F8 key. That key must feel quite honored! (not that I'm complaining :D - I just did not expect a video about this mod)

34 minutes ago, SpaceOdissey said:

Cool! Really a simple mod... But very useful! I think this is a copy of TooManyItems from Minecraft...

I never used TooManyItems, but I heard about it. Maybe it was in my mind when I've been thinking about a name. Not sure...

9 minutes ago, Wadusher0 said:

Would it be much of a hassle to add a key binding option with the rest of the settings in this mod? There's certainly space for it between "Enabled" and "Hide vessel icons" and it would solve a number of mod conflicts.

It will be included in the next patch.

I'm sorry (normally and for some reason, my mods don't install "right") but the mod won't work. Other mods i have installed are: Atomic Age, All Near Future Techs (all 5), KPBS (which is USI ~.14, because ~.18 doesn't work right), KIS, MechJeb, KAS, USI (~.18), Kerbal Alarm Clock, Hyperedit, Kerbal Engineer, Infernal Robotics, MKS, Module Manager (2.7.5), Trajectories, TweakScale, and XScience. Im running on a pretty bad setup for the game, a core i5 2520m, 4gb ram, Intel HD graphics 520 (its too good for the game XD) and thats it. I tried moving the direct folder (TooManyOrbits, not TooManyOrbits-1.0.1) into GameData, but it doesn't work. I don't get an error message, and didn't get a message to allow it to search for updates. Does it need a Tracking Center upgrade? I haven't messed with the Squad folder too much, just made my own FTL engine once, so that shouldn't be affecting it. 

P.S.- Yes, I know to extract the folders from the compressed one.

Edit- No, never mind. It does work, but can you put it into the tracking station, too? (It won't show up in TS)

I've been waiting for a mod that does something like this for ages!
8b27318bae.jpg

This gets a bit annoying. My proposed solution was custom vessel categories, like how you can set somethign as debris, but for my career mode's plethora of contract satellites, so i could just hide THOSE as i pleased. This'll do that and more, even if it's not as specific to my usecase, so i thank you for it!