[1.4.1] TooManyOrbits v1.1.2

knowbuddy

The settings of TMO are not stored inside the Plugins/PluginData but in

GameData\TooManyOrbits\TooManyOrbits.cfg

Could you change that to avoid MM patching everything again after the settings were changed?

On 5/3/2017 at 0:44 AM, Aiden.J said:

Edit- No, never mind. It does work, but can you put it into the tracking station, too? (It won't show up in TS)

I might add it to the tracking station in a future update. But it's not high on my priority list.

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

The settings of TMO are not stored inside the Plugins/PluginData but in

GameData\TooManyOrbits\TooManyOrbits.cfg

Could you change that to avoid MM patching everything again after the settings were changed?

I was not aware of that folder. It will be fixed in the next update.

Feel free to to so. The source code is linked in the OP (check the HideOrbitCommand class).

As for your linked topic: You get a NPE because Kerbol has no orbit and therefore no OrbitRenderer.

From Musicmute-Continued:
"This is a continuation of MusicMute, a simple mod to mute the game's music with a hotkey. Press F8 to toggle music."

They already use F8, this needs to change...

Just kidding, but can we change it somewhere? (like edit of textfiles, module manager scripts, flipping a few zeroes and ones in a binary file...whatever it takes:sticktongue:)

I love this mod soo much!

Only the F8 bothers me a bit. But well now I do quicksave with KISS alot^^ Maybe toolbar support would be a neat thing.

Anyways great great great mod.

I just updated TooManyOrbits to version 1.1.0

Changes:

• Key binding can be changed
  • Remember window position
  • KSP-AVC support
  • Configuration file is now stored in PluginData directory
  • Added window miniature mode

In miniature mode the window is displayed as a small floating toolbar. It shows the current status and let's you toggle orbits with a mouse click:

4JzAVbQ.png

For those of you wondering if you can use this to help rendezvous with another ship/celestial object - the answer is YES!  It also does not appear to hide waypoints, so it can be used for precision landing as well!

Great work @knowbuddy!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm almost certain I stumbled across an orbit opacity property during testing. But I have to check again.

I put this on my to-do list for the next update (which might take a while because I'm going on vacation :cool:)

As long as you are working on your todos.... anyway to let you select ship types to hide like in the Tracking Station?   Being able to hide my goofy inclined RemoteTech comm sat constellations would be nice as they are all set to Relays(ship icon).  And of course it would work for other icon types.

Addendum.  I do notice that you can toggle which types are shown in the map view by moving the mouse to the top edge of the screen.   But still, nothing says a good mod like a mod that replaces somewhat wonky KSP default controls.

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason it's not working anymore:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at TooManyOrbits.Filter.CelestialBodyFilter.Accept (.CelestialBody obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TooManyOrbits.OrbitVisibilityController.CreateHideBodiesCommands (TooManyOrbits.Commands.CommandSet commands) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TooManyOrbits.OrbitVisibilityController.Hide () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TooManyOrbits.OrbitVisibilityController.Toggle () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TooManyOrbits.TooManyOrbitsModule.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qt4l2cn7bxjwxvv/2017-06-24-2 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

For some reason it's not working anymore

At least take the effort to confirm this is a problem only with TooManyOrbits. If not, then go the next step and figure out which mod(s) are causing a conflict. Also, context is everything so describe where you are seeing this exception and how to reproduce it

3 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

For some reason it's not working anymore:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at TooManyOrbits.Filter.CelestialBodyFilter.Accept (.CelestialBody obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TooManyOrbits.OrbitVisibilityController.CreateHideBodiesCommands (TooManyOrbits.Commands.CommandSet commands) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TooManyOrbits.OrbitVisibilityController.Hide () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TooManyOrbits.OrbitVisibilityController.Toggle () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TooManyOrbits.TooManyOrbitsModule.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qt4l2cn7bxjwxvv/2017-06-24-2 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

I took a quick look through the code and I can think of two possibilities that can cause that exception:

• You targeted a body without an orbit (a star for example) and then activated the mod
  • You use a different solar system which is messed up

Can you please check if it is #1?

It's RSS - the same version I use since the cfg patch was released on June 1st which makes it 1.3.0 compatible.

It was low earth orbit.

I didn't have this kind of issue before.

There is no additional star system or expansion mod of any kind.

Last mod I added was REKT Escape Pod Mod, I will also post over there:

The only mods that could infer with TooManyOrbits are the onces that change the solar system. I think this has to to with the current selected target in map view. 

I'll try to fix the issue in the next release. Does the error occur regulary or was it a one-time thing? (if so, I'd like to wait for the KSP 1.3.1 release)

Hmm. I remember that I had (for about 10 seconds) tried the MJ landing guidance and chose the KSC where launched as target.

But then I saw this will not work because it's intended to be used by engine-powered landing and mostly on low-G and/or no-atmosphere targets like Moon.

So I disabled it and toggled off the target.

But the errors continued after that short experiment.

Love the mod for what it does and its simplicity. 

Is there a way for it to remember the last toggle? Or an optional setting that can keep the TMO settings in place until toggled again?

As it stands now, I have to hit F8 every time I go to map view. My personal preference would be to have the orbits off (as well as my the rest of the TMO settings, icons, etc) when I go into map view and toggle them on when I need them.

Cheers, 

The toggle state should be remembered during the same flight. I just checked it and it works as expected.

However, when you switch vessels, the orbit rendering will be re-enabled. This was a design choice on my side because it can potentially confuse players when starting a new session and they can't see ships that should be there (but are hidden by TMO).

• 8 months later...
32 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Just a necro bump - because this mod is useful and needs to be updated.

I can confirm that it does not work in 1.4.0 - I did not upgrade to 1.4.1 yet.

Well I can get it working again but I would have to make sure that @knowbuddy is not planning to update.  1.4.2 just came out and all.  The really creepy thing about this is that when I took over Mission Controller the original back in .20 of KSP,  the original author of the Original Mission Controllers name was Knowboddy.  LOL.

Edited by malkuth

Thank you for the notification. I've been quite busy the last weeks and couldn't spend much time on personal projects. I'm going to update the mod to the new KSP version this weekend.

35 minutes ago, malkuth said:

The really creepy thing about this is that when I took over Mission Controller the original back in .20 of KSP,  the original author of the Original Mission Controllers name was Knowboddy.  LOL.

That wasn't me. Or was it? It was not.