If you could be given a drug that removes all pain, with no side effects, would you take it?

WhiskyHotel3

If you could be given a drug that removes all pain, with no side effects, would you take it?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take it?

• Yes
    • No

Me , Sincerely , No

Why?

Because The sensation we call pain today has evolved over millions of years and it is a great way that teaches humans what to touch and what to not touch , and things to do that are right , and things that aren't right like if a child went naughty his/her if they're careful with they're child then the parent will most likely Ground the child or Punish him , it can be Grounding which causes Losses which cause Physiological Pain , and Punishment will Make Physical Pain and in most cases will alert the child to not do it again . also if i was injured in someplace like in my back and i didn't see it then it could be a injury that will bleed and bleed and i wouldn't be alert of it until possibly i die . 

in conclusion

No

4 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Leprosy reduces the pain sensitivity. But this causes other problems.

You will hurt yourself without pain, however funny that might sound. Living with pain is not good, but living without it is a real risk to your survival. The only reason we have pain is because it is a very useful and necessary mechanism. Pretty much any organism sufficiently complex to make pain possible knows it. That should tell you a lot. The judge is still out on creatures like crustaceans, but if they do not know pain like we do, they certainly have a replacement stimulus they try to avoid in roughly equal measure.

1 hour ago, Krakenist said:

Yes, because this is a drug which means I can take this drug wheI'm feeling a lot of pain but ditch it when I need pain as a warning system to stop harming myself

How can you tell you need to ditch it? That is the whole point :)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.