The "Complain About Your School" Thread

TotallyNotHuman

51 minutes ago, MysterySloth said:

(P.S. I don't know who Mr. James or Mr. Curry are. I only know them because they're talked abou 24/7/365. I only watch hockey)

due to the...unfortunate loss of the ducks I say go sens

but hockey is starting to get great!

On 5/21/2017 at 11:54 AM, MysterySloth said:

OMG!!!!!1! ThEsE ArEE SOooooOO Col! TEy'rre Notannnnnoyinatall!!!!!1!!11!!!!!!!!!!!11!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

-Every kid at my school

On 5/21/2017 at 0:34 PM, StupidAndy said:

I keep saying that they're only gyroscopes, but the people of my school would rather live in a fantasy world where they're all becoming NBA players rather than face the truth and prepare for it

wow, I hate people

For Pete's sake, just let people have fun without trying to explain the science behind stuff. They don't have to listen to you being a smartS.

On 5/3/2017 at 8:05 PM, NSEP said:

This makes me freaking dissapointed alright.

What we learn in history class is just going out of hand. We arent even learning interesting things, this months topic was (supposed to be) about World War Two, but no instead we got Holo(i hope what you know what i mean). We litterly got 1 lesson about the ACTUAL war, about the actual invasions in Europe. But it was not interesting either, no tactics, use of weapons and vehicles were explained expect for blitzkrieg. And then the rest of the month was just pictures that are going to make you cry. Not saying we should forget about that topic, since its still important, but dont let us sit there for a month. I instead hopped on the internet and researched some stuff there.

Here is a list about all the stuff he forgot to mention.

- Atomic Bombs

- The Gulag

- The V-2

- Weapons used by any faction (all i know from history class is that the Dutch used cannons from a museum to try and fight the Germans)

-Some facts about Churchill

-Some facts about Stalin

-Some facts about Roosevelt

-Some facts about the Japanese leader (forgot the name)

- The war outside Europe in general.

- Vehicles used by all factions.

So i already know some things about this. But i dont want to leave my fellow students uneducated, all they know is The Germans were bad guys in WW2 and i dont want to keep it that way.

I'm just saying, but were you having a History class or a Military Strategy class?

When you're trying to compress the history of the ENTIRE MANKIND into a few years of studies for MINORS, you'd except non-vital stuff to be left out, such as these you've mentioned. Heck, explain me the usefulness in knowing about "vehicles used by all factions", "some facts about X", "weapons used by any faction", the gulags and the V-2 in a test.

What's next, making it obligatory to read The Art of War and simulate a war between nations down to the engineering level? That stuff you do outside school, it's not vital to know that, especially when you already have a crapload of content to learn.

On 5/21/2017 at 10:54 AM, MysterySloth said:

Image result for gold fidget spinner

OK, needless to say I've been out of school for quite a while, and my daughter graduated a few years ago. So I'm asking in all seriousness, and hopefully not opening a big can of worms...

I've seen pictures of these all over lately... what exactly is this thing? 

On 5/8/2017 at 5:40 AM, TheEpicSquared said:

Someone in my class just said his favorite aircraft was the Airbus 747.

I'm done.

People aren't perfect, lad; mistakes happen

Just now, Just Jim said:

OK, needless to say I've been out of school for quite a while, and my daughter graduated a few years ago. So I'm asking in all seriousness, and hopefully not opening a big can of worms...

I've seen pictures of these all over lately... what exactly is this thing? 

It's a thing called a "fidget spinner". The idea is to entertain oneself by pinching these and then spinning it. I guess its similar to doodling in class, something to keep the mind or hands occupied.

Really nothing more than that, a weight with a bearing in the center.

1 minute ago, qzgy said:

It's a thing called a "fidget spinner". The idea is to entertain oneself by pinching these and then spinning it. I guess its similar to doodling in class, something to keep the mind or hands occupied.

Really nothing more than that, a weight with a bearing in the center.

Ahhh... is it like someone said, also a gyroscope? I loved the ones we had when I was a kid, but they looked a lot different.

3 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Ahhh... is it like someone said, also a gyroscope? I loved the ones we had when I was a kid, but they looked a lot different.

Well, any spinning weight is a gyroscope so technically yes, but that isn't the original intent of the object. Its more for that fiddly aspect

Edited by qzgy

On 5/8/2017 at 6:25 AM, NSEP said:

History class is getting worse, i do not trust it anymore. I found out some of the things are not true, its more victorious propaganda than real history. And also, in the history books, they did not even give a single mention about the space race, no, freaking James Bond is more important. -insert 1 million facepalms here-

Its still good that your classmates actually care about the outside world at least a little. My classmates only care about snapchat and instagram. 

Just dropping the phrase "History is written by the victors" here; there's no way you can have unbiased history in school

Also, SOCIAL NETWORKS DO NOT MAKE PEOPLE ANTISOCIAL, IT DOES THE EXACT OPPOSITE, HENCE THE NAME 

5 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Well, any spinning weight is a gyroscope so technically yes, but that isn't the original intent of the object.

Understood... this is the kind of gyroscope I grew up with... one of these could keep me amused for hours:

Edited by Just Jim

On 5/11/2017 at 2:19 PM, NSEP said:

My history books really tries to make you believe the enemy was bad. Sometimes even in the lamest way. Some gold examples:

"The enemy's supermarkets where often boring." - Supermarkets are for food and other products, not some kind of museum.

"Once the enemy was gone, Harlod could finally smoke a ciggarete again." - Really fits in with the nicotine free generation we tried to get.

I would REALLY want our history books to be on a different perspective. Either on both sides of a war/situation, or on no side at all of the situaition (wich is probably better since it is less propaganda filled). Not on our own side, because that is really ignorant.

Yep, those evil history books, preaching that the pedants were bad. Boy, how biased!

It might have meant that the supermarkets were empty, aka, no supplies

Also, "nicotine free generation", how old even are you? Have you ever gone outside? Nicotine, alcohol and other drugs are everywhere, school is the least effective tool in stopping teens from using them (you cannot stop curiosity).

And again, yourcountryisalwaysgoingtofavoritspointofview.mpeg

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Understood... this is the kind of gyroscope I grew up with... one of these could keep me amused for hours:

Yeah, those kinds of gyroscopes are nicer.

Alright, I'm going to stop binge-facepalming here (I've also noticed I've already replied to this thread once; oops) and leave this for anyone to read before complaining:

*Not everyone is as intelligent as you are

*Not everyone has the same interests as you have

*Nobody is perfect; mistakes happen, no need to mentally suicide if someone says something wrong

*For crying out loud please don't be a smartass at school, just try to fit in if it's being that difficult to get accepted, be nice to people in such a way it's actually pleasant to be around you

*There is no such thing as going to school to get "enlightened" and "fascinated" by the contents there. People go there because they're forced to. You might not go there for that reason. But most go because of their parents.

*Talking during classes is normal.

*Stop complaining about fidget spinners; your complaints are as equally annoying as you think such toys are

This thread has some decent posts in it, but holy moly, some things I've read here made me wince

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

*For crying out loud please don't be a smartass at school, just try to fit in if it's being that difficult to get accepted, be nice to people in such a way it's actually pleasant to be around you

NO!!!!

being weird is fun! being a smartS is my only thing differentiating me from the normal
I will never be a normal, I will never fit it, I shall NEVER EVER EVER WANT TO BE A NORMAL!!!

THE WEIRDNESS REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN!!

Image result for weirdmageddon gif

4 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

NO!!!!

being weird is fun! being a smartS is my only thing differentiating me from the normal
I will never be a normal, I will never fit it, I shall NEVER EVER EVER WANT TO BE A NORMAL!!!

THE WEIRDNESS REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN!!

vKSqQZg.png

http://mymentalage.com/

Oh boy a thread to complain on!

lets start:

Half a semester of work, in a week. thats just fine, i'll just not eat and do nothing but school, no big deal.

Computer is such a potato that google chrome lags, the primary place where my schoolwork is done. no thats fine too, i'll just do it on paper

Have to submit all your work online and cant do it on paper. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just now, StupidAndy said:

do you have chromebooks?

I HATE CHROMEBOOKS!!

its not even a chromebook, its a toshiba, a really old one.

3 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

Just dropping the phrase "History is written by the victors" here; there's no way you can have unbiased history in school

Also, SOCIAL NETWORKS DO NOT MAKE PEOPLE ANTISOCIAL, IT DOES THE EXACT OPPOSITE, HENCE THE NAME 

History should not by written by victors but Historians, hell, we got the entire middle ages written by Historians, rather than victors, and its way better and its almost completely unbaised, based around facts and what they could find. There are plenty of Historians of the 20th century, why should we not let THEM write the history books, or atleast based around their research. Yep, im dropping the phrase now.

Thats not my point, i mean Social Networks make people ignorant because they thats the biggest they care about, so they just believe anything they say beyond their interest. I did not mean antisocial

Yep, those evil history books, preaching that the pedants were bad. Boy, how biased!

It might have meant that the supermarkets were empty, aka, no supplies

Also, "nicotine free generation", how old even are you? Have you ever gone outside? Nicotine, alcohol and other drugs are everywhere, school is the least effective tool in stopping teens from using them (you cannot stop curiosity).

And again, yourcountryisalwaysgoingtofavoritspointofview.mpeg

-There actually were supplies, its was not bad, otherwise it would never be in there like that, with a perfectly fine supermarket for the image above.

-Nicotine and stuff has gradually lowered in the years. And it will do in the future. I do go outside, and i see that stuff.

Alright, I'm going to stop binge-facepalming here (I've also noticed I've already replied to this thread once; oops) and leave this for anyone to read before complaining:

*Not everyone is as intelligent as you are

*Not everyone has the same interests as you have

*Nobody is perfect; mistakes happen, no need to mentally suicide if someone says something wrong

*There is no such thing as going to school to get "enlightened" and "fascinated" by the contents there. People go there because they're forced to. You might not go there for that reason. But most go because of their parents.

*Talking during classes is normal.

*Stop complaining about fidget spinners; your complaints are as equally annoying as you think such toys are

This thread has some decent posts in it, but holy moly, some things I've read here made me wince

Welp, goodbye. If you see a thread were people dont behave like you want it to be, then leaving is a good option. (;

Lets stop this discussion now. Im not going for this thread fir a while now.

*cough cough*

Sheesh guys, what's with the smell‽ It smells like someone set off a firecracker in here.

Jokes aside, I started this thread for people to complain. I know sometimes complaints delve into personal attacks and other such things, but I wanted this thread to be civil (hence the OP stating that one should steer clear of the Forum's guidelines).

The last page is...not what I had imagined this thread to be.

Mods, I am requesting that this thread be locked until further notice. That way, we can all cool down for a bit.

Peace.