You decide (Should it be implemented?) (Read Topic First)  

26 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you think this idea should be implemented?



Recommended Posts

To : Squad

So now squad have only made 1 suit for the entire game and never updated it , it is very old by now , so i have a new suggestion today

New Eva Suits

Before i begin this let me just tell you these 3 points

1- I know there are mods which replace the Eva suits and texturing

2- I may have revived this idea if someone made a topic about this before but i have no knowledge of it

3- I think my idea is different than what mods do and what you think

Okay know that i have said those let me begin

1-The Concept

I think new eva suits should be implemented and i have a new way to do it

instead of implementing 1 new suit to replace it with the current one

then how about if we make a suit for each body , for example if i was in Vacuum i would share one suit in EVA like the "Extravehicular Mobility Unit" or EMU which i think is already implemented but in the Kerbal Face screen inside a vessel they're suits would just be an "Advanced Crew Escape Suit" or ACES the same ones used in the real life Shuttle program , and if i landed on mun i would have a Apollo Lunar suit , And i if i landed on Duna i would have some futuristic looking suit maybe like the Z-2 or the Martian Looking one , In which i think for the suits to switch between Vaccum and a Planet would be really awesome and i will explain how it can be made , if a spacecraft enters a planet's atmosphere the suit would set to that planet eva suit if the kerbal would eva , and for a planet which has no atmosphere , Once a spacecraft reaches 10 km above the surface it would switch to that planet suit , tell me what do you think about what  Eve , Moho , Joolian System , Eeloo , Dres suits should look like below , also note: i think the joolian system would just have one suit for it to make it simple and not complicated.

(Or Maybe the Z-2 suit could be implemented to be set with Eve , Joolian System , Eeloo , Dres )

2- Pictures

The Picture below shows the Apollo suits , ACES , and the EMU suit and the Gemini and Mercury , i think the gemini suit should be a suit that would be later upgraded to the ACES Internal suit

Related image

also the Futuristic Z-2 and the Martian Space Suits

Image result for Z-2 Space suit

Image result for The Martian Space Suit

3- Why i think it should be implemented

This Idea would be making KSP a whole lot better and cooler espacially the fact that we have different space suits for each body , tell me what do you think of this idea below

Selberd Kerman

Year 104 Day 399

 

 

Edited by Space_taco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only thing  KSP needs is spacesuit without collar and let modders take the rest

Edited by Numerlor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Basically, modders already have Texture Replacer and KIS for this.

i know im just explaining the idea that you can switch between them like from Vaccum to Duna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe the Z-2 Suit could be set to Eve , Joolian System , Dres , Eeloo.

And for moho...

 idk really

Edited by Space_taco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Numerlor said:

Only thing  KSP needs is spacesuit without collar and let modders take the rest

about the collar thing ,

i think they just have to reduce it in size , rather than removing it all

Edited by Space_taco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the positive side, it's cool and it would certainly be more realistic

On the negative side, I genuinely feel that it's "realism for the sake of realism" and not adding substantial game play.

The only thing I'd like to see in stock is that Kerbals on EVA in a breathable atmosphere would not were a helmet, like TextureReplacer does right now. No collar would be an added bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a good idea. Since it's a cosmetic change, it might not need to be a high priority idea, but I see no downside to this other than dev time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Xavven said:

I think it's a good idea. Since it's a cosmetic change, it might not need to be a high priority idea, but I see no downside to this other than dev time.

i agree , but really it wouldn't take alot of time

Edited by Space_taco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i like the martian spacesuit or maybe those from interstellar. but not too many differences

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Space_taco said:

i know im just explaining the idea that you can switch between them like from Vaccum to Duna

You can with Texure Replacer, so long as you are ok with going back to the KSC scene and switching it before you EVA on another body. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

You can with Texure Replacer, so long as you are ok with going back to the KSC scene and switching it before you EVA on another body. 

Well i said in the post that it would automatically do it without having to do that

and the new suit designs would be cool to implement in the game instead of having it as a mod 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Numerlor said:

Only thing  KSP needs is spacesuit without collar and let modders take the rest

I couldn't agree more, nor could the Chairkerb...

Spoiler

RCWzwnC.png

(from Chapter 9 of Eve: Order Zero which was...wow...a long time ago)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing on you personally, but you should know that "this would make KSP better and cooler" and "because we'd have whatever it is I just suggested" are about the worst possible reasons to use to convince people to implement your suggestion.

What specifically is better about a KSP with your idea than KSP as it is? Does it, for example, make it more immersive? Does it make it more educational? Think about why SQUAD would want to put all that work in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, problemecium said:

Nothing on you personally, but you should know that "this would make KSP better and cooler" and "because we'd have whatever it is I just suggested" are about the worst possible reasons to use to convince people to implement your suggestion.

What specifically is better about a KSP with your idea than KSP as it is? Does it, for example, make it more immersive? Does it make it more educational? Think about why SQUAD would want to put all that work in.

i don't need to have a point to suggest and idea

i just suggested it anyways , in my point i think the game will improve

so don't criticize me on that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Space_taco said:

i don't need to have a point to suggest and idea

i just suggested it anyways , in my point i think the game will improve

so don't criticize me on that

 

You're proposing something that would require someone else to put forth the effort to implement. So yes, you do need a reason beyond "I think it's kewl." Otherwise, you've virtually guaranteed that your idea will fall by the wayside. Simple as that.

So, back to the questions problemecium posed; what's the benefit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

You're proposing something that would require someone else to put forth the effort to implement. So yes, you do need a reason beyond "I think it's kewl." Otherwise, you've virtually guaranteed that your idea will fall by the wayside. Simple as that.

So, back to the questions problemecium posed; what's the benefit?

Visual Enhancement? Realism? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Space_taco said:

Visual Enhancement? Realism? 

well, you shouldnt implement something that does require action and just for estatics. it should go automatically or put it in the settings for example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Space_taco said:

i agree , but really it wouldn't take alot of time

Out of curiosity here, mostly because of the above quote: what if any programming and computer graphics modeling both 2 and 3d do you have? I ask out of genuine curiosity. My own limited coding experience and from both what ive seen in discussions here and conversations with my ex gf who has a bachelors in computer science has told/shown me nothing is ever simple and always takes a good amount of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.