Threads Of The Month: May!

Tex

Howdy, everybody, and it's time once more to say hello to the few, the mighty- the Threads of the Month for May!

All threads featured in this monthly thread have been chosen by our moderation staff and by users just like you as some of the best examples of content this community has to offer. You can check out last month's TOTM thread here.

Don't forget, as always, that if you think we missed a thread or two, be sure to reply here or contact one of our moderators with your suggestion for next month's pickings! I want to give special thanks to @Dman979 for picking a great deal of threads for nomination, with more thanks due to @Vanamonde, @Red Iron Crown, @monstah, and @eloquentJane for helping choose threads. Thanks, people!

Oh, and as a final note- This month we're doing something a little bit different. Rather than tagging each individual thread, because apparently there's some computer nonsense that messes the tag up when the OP is edited, we are giving out this super-cool badge to these threads to mark them as Thread of the Month. The set of 12 monthly badges was made for us by none other than @adsii1970. Here's this month's badge thingy:

OOqL3cv.png?1

So let's get down to it, and see some awesome threads!

Our first thread comes from @Fishy Tree, with a craft that is definitely not fishy. In fact, it has Firefly in the class designation. How did he do? I think he did pretty darn well!

This TOTM collection is turning out to be Month of the Crafts, as we've got a vessel here that is decidedly more fishy than the last- Because it's a boat! Ladies and gentlemen, @Castille7's Shark Expedition!

In the first non-craft Thread of the Month, we have a very excellent discussion on the ramifications of "hard sci-fi" space travel, and how SSTOs might work in real life, courtesy of one @KerikBalm.

Let me ask a question... Who here doesn't love tanks? The answer, of course, is nobody. Therefore, check out @XB-70A's trip to a tank museum! Just a note, there are a ton of pictures here, so enter at your own risk. Of awesomeness.

As KSP players, I think all of us have an inherent interest in astronomy and spaceflight. @OhioBob took that to the next level with this thread of his. Sorry that it took... Er... Two years to make it this far, but congratulations!

Wrapping up submissions for this month, we have a true Kerbal explorer amongst us. Give it up for @Ferdoni and his amazing mission report, setting out to gather ALL the Science!

That concludes this month's Threads of the Month. Be sure to let us know which threads you adore, and remember that we're always taking suggestions for future installments of Threads of the Month!

Happy posting :)

Wow thanks, I never expected the museum thread to appear in that list :)

It seems there is some boat and ships lovers around here and I got pictures of a Canadian museum to share too.

Congratulations everyone, great set of threads!

As a side note - you will see that I'm not shy of badges.  If someone has had a TOTM previously, would they be eligible for a badge?  If yes, is there any chance can you make them all available?

SM

45 minutes ago, Speeding Mullet said:

Congratulations everyone, great set of threads!

As a side note - you will see that I'm not shy of badges.  If someone has had a TOTM previously, would they be eligible for a badge?  If yes, is there any chance can you make them all available?

SM

Here you go, bro.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.