The KSC Trucking Challenge

The Challenge? Make and use a semi truck to haul around the trailers in the included save file.

ALL TRAILERS MUST BE MOVED IN ORDER AND TOWED ON THE GROUND @gchristopher

Points are given for every trailer you manage to move without tipping and  for how good your truck looks judged by scores below.

The Save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5WzwDcs9MQBbU5Yc0s2eXdlWmc  The file is titled Truckin' Challenge.

A video is preferred to make judging easier.

Scoring:

Trailer Moving

Do all trailers and park truck without tipping = 30 points

Move 4 Trailers without tipping = 25 points

Move 3 Trailers without tipping = 20 points

Move 2 trailers without tipping = 15 points

Move 1 trailer without tipping = 10 points

The truck:

A Big Rig = 15 points

A European truck (Left hand Drive) = 15 points

A Uk Truck (Right Hand Drive) = 16 points

A Truck. (No steering Wheel) = 12 points.

A Right hand drive Big Rig = 16 points

A grill = 5 points

A working exhaust = 5 points

A light Bar = 5 points

8 or more wheels = an extra 5 points

Have a working engine (Using Alternators on jet/rocket engines to create power) = 20 points

Example:

This is a Uk truck with electric power. It would be relatively low scoring.

Leader Board:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU TRUCKERS OUT THERE

Spoiler

You may want to check the flags :) 

Edited by HamnavoePer

9 hours ago, HamnavoePer said:

A Uk Truck (Left Hand Drive) = 16 points

I could be not thinking, but don't cars and trucks in the UK have right hand steering wheels?

Looks like a fun, original challenge. I might give it a go later. :)

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

I could be not thinking, but don't cars and trucks in the UK have right hand steering wheels?

Looks like a fun, original challenge. I might give it a go later. :)

So they do. I should know (Me being scottish an all) oops, Thanks for making me notice that :) 

6 minutes ago, HamnavoePer said:

I wanted a more articulated truck feel which i don't think docking ports replicate. And it would make it a lot easier to do the reverse parking on the challenge

I can't do challenge with this style because those legs sometimes clip through terrain and it is lower than it is supposed to be so I drag it around. This wouldn't happen with docking ports

31 minutes ago, Numerlor said:

I can't do challenge with this style because those legs sometimes clip through terrain and it is lower than it is supposed to be so I drag it around. This wouldn't happen with docking ports

Sorry but, as i said, the docking ports don't hinge around freely like it does right now.

On 5/2/2017 at 10:52 AM, HamnavoePer said:

I wanted a more articulated truck feel which i don't think docking ports replicate. And it would make it a lot easier to do the reverse parking on the challenge

Folks have built trailer hitches out of almost-docked ports, allowing rotation but held in place by their magnetic attraction.

Edited by Torquimedes

This challenge is a little taste of the things people did in the Affordable Space Program challenge by @SirJoab. (Which is still my favorite challenge by far.) That covered a broad range of KSC-grounds surface vehicle jobs for refueling and reloading mission payloads.

For a more flexy/stretchy articulated joint, you can use some docking port jr's in series. Here's a two-tanker fuel truck that did that. In this case, the fueling arm used Infernal Robotics.

NYyDVD7.jpg

A claw set to rotate will pivot freely like a ball hitch. This can be used to make sturdy multi-trailer fuel trucks, for example. 

It's also worth considering KAS for connections. 

If I were to do the whole challenge, I'd definitely use TweakScale for even bigger monster truck wheels!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.