What happens when you don't sleep well:

cratercracker

Hi my name is Cratercracker. I had problems with sleep since i was born.

I wanted to share with you the affects of lack of sleep. Do not try to repeat my actions or follow my way, it is not fun ,neither it is healthy. 

I will show three "impacts" on health, on your mind and on your work efficiency.

1. Day 1 no sleeping.

Mental impact: Slightly feeling more weak,movements become slow like if i were a zombie. Despite lack of sleep ,you can still be positive and maybe friendly.

Health impact: There might be a headacke at the end of the day. But you are still okay.

Work efficiency: Slight drop in work speed. There might be problems coming out of nowhere.

2. Day 2 no sleeping.

Mental impact: You have 2 paths:you are seriously angry or you are weirdly happy. Both in case of anger and happines you might do some wrong things which will hardly affect you afterwards.

Health impact: Migraine might strike you any time. You will also have problems with walking,it is almost like if you were drunk.

Work efficency: no change from the previous one.

3. Day 3 no sleep.

Mental impact: You might face hallucinations ,type of them will depend on our mood. Plus you won't be talkative.

Health impact: no change from the previous one.

Work efficency: total lack of coordination will force you to forget about any kind of activity.

The end. 

I wrote this to teach you about trials of insomnia. I hope once i will sleep better. And remember no sleep is not cool.

I dont know if i have insomnia, i mean i fall asleep slowly, and often i cant put myself to sleep, but after like a few minutes with the light turned off i totally forget im awake and i fall asleep instantly. But when this does not work, im really energetic, so instead of sleeping, i do homework/play games/think of ideas. I never fail to fall asleep before 3AM. They call these energetic-at-night people nightowls but i would not want to sound like a special snowflake in that way so dont call me that.

4 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

I thought 12 was a little extreme...

It is not for me. In days without school its bassicly my avarage falling-asleep time. 

2 minutes ago, NSEP said:

I dont know if i have insomnia, i mean i fall asleep slowly, and often i cant put myself to sleep, but after like a few minutes with the light turned off i totally forget im awake and i fall asleep instantly. But when this does not work, im really energetic, so instead of sleeping, i do homework/play games/think of ideas. I never fail to fall asleep before 3AM. They call these energetic-at-night people nightowls but i would not want to sound like a special snowflake in that way so dont call me that.

It is not for me. In days without school its bassicly my avarage falling-asleep time. 

If you are super concerned, I suggest talking to a doctor. But before you try to go to bed, don't used any tech (phone, computer, etc.)

1 minute ago, munlander1 said:

If you are super concerned, I suggest talking to a doctor. But before you try to go to bed, don't used any tech (phone, computer, etc.)

I tried using night shift on my Ipad and it works great! Im not concerned, i know how to deal with it, i have plans for stabilization.

[insert Haiku Proof]

Also, this models my competence to time:
rrR8OKf.png

Don't make me do anything before I've had an hour or so to wake up. Focus stabilizes from a couple of hours to about twelve hours, then improves somehow, reaching peak at 18-36 hours. Falls pretty sharply after that. I can't explain the difference between a few hours of wakefulness and most of a day, but that's how it is. Or I'm just overestimating the work done.

The graph is compressed with less sleep. It takes longer for me to wake up, and peak efficiency is lesser. I also have less endurance after shortchanging my rest.

How ironic considering my mind decided "Okay, test in the morning... LET'S PARTY ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!!" last night... Got in at like 4:45am and felt like absolute crap in the morning. Er.... When I woke up

I have insomnia because of an injury. So, sleepless nights are common and sometimes cyclic. Like now... I slept for three hours last night. Went to bed at 10:00 p.m. wide awake at 1:05 a.m. So - I do a lot of reading, some writing, and every once in a while, I'll play a computer game for a few hours. Last night I played Banished for a few hours. In a little while, I need to fill out some VA paperwork.

11 hours ago, munlander1 said:

It's Thursday. You have slept like crap all week. Well, your gonna stay up till 12:00.

hahahahahahaahaha I wish it was thursday! It'll get me closer to my birthday!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.