Jet keeps backflipping

So I was building a Typhoon Fighter jet with to many mods to list. I mean if I need to I will but it's a LOT. But back to the case, I build it, weaponised it, and it takes off and flies, but it enjoys 180 degree flips. How do I fix it?

l1ilczy.jpg

Often Jets dont work for no apparent reason. Also, i think that the stock overlays occasionally break. I learned that several times using FTT. I had to test on a ton of different bodies, And at the end jeb had about 50 FF ribbons. (Also, This post should probably be in the technical support category (sorry))

16 minutes ago, goldenpeach said:

Thread moved to the appropriate section of the forum

Whoops, forgot to do that.

1 hour ago, "Landed.at.Jool" said:

Often Jets dont work for no apparent reason. Also, i think that the stock overlays occasionally break. I learned that several times using FTT. I had to test on a ton of different bodies, And at the end jeb had about 50 FF ribbons. (Also, This post should probably be in the technical support category (sorry))

I really hope FAR gets updated because I think that will fix it. Haven't had the problem before v1.2 so...

If you're not playing with FAR , then I recommend installing CorrectCoL.   The blue indicator in the VAB only takes account of aerodynamic forces from wing & control surface parts by default, CorrectCoL makes it take account of forces acting on all parts of the aircraft (your plane has more fuselage in front of CoM than behind it),  and it also gives you a static analysis graph,   so if the main wing is stalling before the canards and causing dynamic instabilty, this will also show up.

Excessive drag ahead of the CoM can also cause a plane to flip.  You have your air intakes ahead of the CoM which can be pretty draggy (however they are pretty close to the CoM so the effect should be lessened).  There also may be something odd about that cockpit causing more drag than there should be, mod parts are often questionable (not saying there definitely is, but it could be).  It;s hard to see, but it almost looks like that cockpit has a built in air intake underneath.  Is that true?  If so that intake so far forward of the CoM is probably the cause.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.