A Dark Universe Chapter 1

AWESOMEPIEMAN

@MiffedStarfish It's meant as a back story for some following content I will be posting either today or tomorrow which will be completely focused around KSP. I just had not wanted to merge this back story with a more official first post to prevent any confusion that could happen. I will also be introducing characters soon (if not in the first post then soon after). Thanks for the feedback, dude. I'm definitely keeping in my mind.

Additional question: I'm probably going to reverse around my whole "humankind" thing and change it to "Kerbalkind" for simplicity's sake. I will keep this backstory the same given the fact that the continents aren't really big dividers anymore. What are your thoughts?

Edited by AWESOMEPIEMAN
Additional question

I'm going to have to put this whole idea on hold following quite the kraken attack on my KSP save and the game as a whole. It is currently unplayable and I am finessing around with duplicating things over to a fresh install. I have no idea when this is going to be working again and I may end up scrapping this idea as a whole if it takes too long. Apologies if there was anyone looking forward to seeing some cool sci-fi stuff from the game.

Cheers,

Taylor

UPDATE: Okay so I literally have to go and re-download everything for this game because I cannot isolate the problem. This means I'll have to go back and re-edit all of the .cfg files... again. This is a process that took maybe three months last time (albeit I was working much more casually). I'm hoping I will have it all figured out within a week or two. I've sadly also been unable to transfer any vehicles over from the previous save (which really, really, really angers me because I had some craft in there that I very much so liked.) I don't think this post has really gained much of a following at all so I don't think it will inconvenience anyone. Anyways... I'll keep additional updates going here as needed.

Cheers,

Taylor

17 hours ago, AWESOMEPIEMAN said:

@Kosmonaut Haha, my apologies. You're right. I didn't specifically say anything about Canada except at the beginning. I'll make a quick edit for that. Thanks!

I don't really mind- it happens a lot. But thanks. I'm interested to see where this goes. Is there going to be a spaceflight aspect? Gameplay and screenshots?

Who knows....

@Kosmonaut Oh yes there will be all of that. I will have a more official first post that will introduce a few characters along with spaceflight. This post was just meant to give a very basic back story. The main story will focus on spaceflight, space combat, exploration, along with various parts being on planets/moons. I'll have plenty of screenshots for your viewing pleasure. As I posted earlier I've suffered a major kraken attack so I'm currently going and re-editing all of the .cfg files and downloading everything from scratch. Take a look at this earlier post that I used to show off some of my creations (sadly you're not going to see any of these exact spacecraft due to that annoying kraken, but it'll at least give you an idea of what to expect). Glad to see you're interested in this! I will hopefully have an official first post up in the next week or two.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.