It's worth noting that not all of the stock craft are "mission ready."  But if you have been able to get this one to orbit before, I'm not sure what it could be.  Maybe the MJ settings for that rocket got screwed up.  Try resetting MJ to factory settings. 

Edited by Capt. Hunt

Sorry for not getting back to this sooner

On 5/2/2017 at 1:57 PM, Brent Kerman said:

Can we see a screenshot of bug in action(Have Mechjeb tab down, please)? And the log file? I think I might know what is happening.

The craft is just pointing in a direction despite my objections or trying to use literally any other tool mec jeb or not to reorient it. I can't screenshot that, there is nothing abnormal on the screen. The orientation ball is pointed basically toward an empty space between the anti-normal and inward orientation, slightly toward petrograde. It's a completely arbitrary position. I think it is based on one of the maneuver nodes it corrected itself to, but it deleted it so I couldn't even screenshot that. Either way all autopilot functions that I have access to are off. I mean what exactly do you want a screenshot of here?

On 5/3/2017 at 6:21 AM, sebi.zzr said:

Where did you install it from?If i may ask.

Curse

Just humor us.  At the very least, a pic of the ship and the nav ball while it is responding incorrectly to a maneuver node, preferably with the MJ case in the frame, will help us verify a couple of our theories.

4 minutes ago, memyselfandI said:

Not right now it ain't. The basic Comsat LX stock vehicle isn't working anymore, and it has all the basic components to fly up into orbit with MJ.  My Ascent Guidance Setup

Your orbit altitude is too low, for starters.  Too close to the atom, try making it 85 or 90

I found a issue there. Mechjeb has problems with persistent rotation. I think partly because it exploits what persistent rotation fixes. I know this from experience with the current version.  Also, you cannot set your orbit to 70 km, Mechjeb is not hyperedit, it can't be sub meter precision, and is often off by several hundred meters on accent guidance. Use maneuver planning one in orbit to get sub meter accuracy.   Try it without persistent rotation, and see what happens.

Ok, I tried launching the Comsat LX using your ascent guidance settings, and I can say positively that mechjeb is not at fault.  First off, as I mentioned before, the Stock craft are not all designed to be functional.  The Comsat LX doesn't have enough torque, so after drifting during the coast phase it took too long to find the maneuver node for the circularization burn. That in itself is minor, but your launch profile didn't allow for enough time for MJ to correct it, let alone make the burn, before the rocket passed apokerb and started falling back into the atmosphere.  The rocket might work if you tried a higher altitude.  Remember, Ascent Guidance is not a magic mode that will put anything in any orbit you want (use the "set orbit" cheat for that), the laws of physics still apply.

Edit: Ninja'd by the rocket penguin :rolleyes:

Edited by Capt. Hunt

8 minutes ago, Capt. Hunt said:

Ok, I tried launching the Comsat LX using your ascent guidance settings, and I can say positively that mechjeb is not at fault.  First off, as I mentioned before, the Stock craft are not all designed to be functional.  The Comsat LX doesn't have enough torque, so after drifting during the coast phase it took too long to find the maneuver node for the circularization burn. That in itself is minor, but your launch profile didn't allow for enough time for MJ to correct it, let alone make the burn, before the rocket passed apokerb and started falling back into the atmosphere.  The rocket might work if you tried a higher altitude.  Remember, Ascent Guidance is not a magic mode that will put anything in any orbit you want (use the "set orbit" cheat for that), the laws of physics still apply.

Edit: Ninja'd by the rocket penguin :rolleyes:

What in the world?! A set orbit cheat?! Didn't realize there was one on here. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.