Ok so I have had problems with mech jeb a lot in that any time I use any of the node execution functions. For some reason the nodes execute improperly all the time and on this one vessel I was doing a simple mun 2 min transfer with this vehicle and I used the maneuver adjustment thing. When I went to execute node, surprise surprise it kept accelerating beyond the termination time. I had a hard time making it stop and eventually it did not at all. I deleted all waypoints and even tried to remove and reinstall mechjeb, but for some reason this craft insists on orientating itself toward a ghost position. I don't get it, has anyone had this happen?

2 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

Same here i told it to dock with my space station and it broke 2 solar panels

Docking is best done manual, Mechjeb docking mode doesn't see obstructions like panels. If you are on one side of the station, and tell it to dock with a port on the other side, it will try to go through the station.

Just now, Brent Kerman said:

Docking is best done manual, Mechjeb docking mode doesn't see obstructions like panels. If you are on one side of the station, and tell it to dock with a port on the other side, it will try to go through the station.

Ok

12 hours ago, memyselfandI said:

Mechjeb control Space Planes well? I did mine last night, and the plane crashes several times on take off and coming back to land. 

Your plane must be relatively balanced. I find you have to take off manually, and for landing it must be lined up on the runway to start with. BDA's AI flight computer does better for planes.

22 hours ago, Brent Kerman said:

That's never happened to me.  Not saying it doesn't happen, but in the 4+ years of using MJ, docking has been one of the more reliable modes. 

Have it display the bounding box, and see if there are any parts that aren't included in the boxes.   If you are inside the bounding box, and tell it to dock to a port on the other side, it will take the shortest path to exit the bounding box, which might be through the station.  That may  be where you're problem is.  It doesn't see individual parts, it just looks for the most extremetious piece on each side of an object, and stays out side that range.  I've never had a docking maneuver fail like that if I'm already outside the box, even if I'm directly opposite the target. 

If you are inside the box and want to dock somewhere else, manually exit the box before enabling the autopilot. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, memyselfandI said:

Ok. This is really starting to liquid me off. Why in the holy name of Mech did the ascent guidance, and the other buttons disappear?! They were there when I installed them, then all of the sudden they disappear?! 

Has happened to me twice. I only managed to fix by reinstalling Mechjeb.

On 02.05.2017 at 2:57 PM, SpaceCommunism said:

... it kept accelerating beyond the termination time.

This happening often. Cured by using "Update" button before "Execute node" in Maneuver Node Editor.

5 hours ago, Brent Kerman said:

If it's the latest, which is 1.2.9, it won't work. Point that cannot be stressed enough: MODS DO NOT USUALLY WORK IN PRE-RELEASES!

Yeah, I have 1.2.2. So, wait... as of right now Mechjeb is completely broken? I think I can attest to that since it doesn't keep my probes in orbit for some reason (Like the last dozen times it has worked with the same settings). Then all of the sudden out of no where it just stops, and my probes fall back to kerbal.... >.> 

Edited by memyselfandI

39 minutes ago, memyselfandI said:

Yeah, I have 1.2.2. So, wait... as of right now Mechjeb is completely broken? I think I can attest to that since it doesn't keep my probes in orbit for some reason (Like the last dozen times it has worked with the same settings). Then all of the sudden out of no where it just stops, and my probes fall back to kerbal.... >.> 

Works for me in 1.2.2, I would ask on the Mechjeb thread.

1 hour ago, memyselfandI said:

Nope, you've got it backwards @Brent Kerman meant that MJ isn't working in the pre-release yet, but it is still good in 1.2.2. 

I'm not sure what you mean by the rest of that, it sounds like you're just not making orbit.  If your rocket is normally capable of achieving orbit, MJ should be able to get it there.  Maybe you checked "skip circularization" by mistake?

On 5/2/2017 at 7:11 AM, Brent Kerman said:

I've never seen this happen either.  MJ will always back out to a safe distance outside the bounding box before proceeding to the correct side of the target, unless you override the bounding box size.  Granted I have seen it strike other vehicles inside the target's bounding box, or run into panels that are too close to the docking axis, and once or twice I've seen it assign overly large bounding boxes, but I've never seen it ignore them completely.  The bounding box should be the minimum distance required to clear all parts of the target craft, including extended panels.

On 5/2/2017 at 4:57 AM, SpaceCommunism said:

Ok so I have had problems with mech jeb a lot in that any time I use any of the node execution functions. For some reason the nodes execute improperly all the time and on this one vessel I was doing a simple mun 2 min transfer with this vehicle and I used the maneuver adjustment thing. When I went to execute node, surprise surprise it kept accelerating beyond the termination time. I had a hard time making it stop and eventually it did not at all. I deleted all waypoints and even tried to remove and reinstall mechjeb, but for some reason this craft insists on orientating itself toward a ghost position. I don't get it, has anyone had this happen?

This sounds like it is controlling the vessel from somewhere other then an inline control part.  The AR202 case itself will act as a probe core in absence of any other points of control, and since it's surface attachable, its "up" is whatever direction the case is facing.  It would help if you could post a picture of the craft, but it looks to me like that's the case.

Also, if something is messing up MJ's settings, instead of reinstalling, go into MJ's settings tab and click "restore to factory settings."  In addition to resetting all the preferences, that forces MJ to relearn how to control your crafts, and will fix some of the errors it might pick up along the way.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

20 minutes ago, Capt. Hunt said:

Nope, you've got it backwards @Brent Kerman meant that MJ isn't working in the pre-release yet, but it is still good in 1.2.2. 

I'm not sure what you mean by the rest of that, it sounds like you're just not making orbit.  If your rocket is normally capable of achieving orbit, MJ should be able to get it there.  Maybe you checked "skip circularization" by mistake?

I'm running 1.2.2. I didn't check "Skip Circularization". It keeps falling back down to the ground (I'm using zmap satellite). Also, I made another thread with more details. 

Edited by memyselfandI

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.