Minimus Challenge

Linus Kerman was checking the samples from the last Minimus Mission. "BEEP BEEP BEEP" "A ha! the samples have finished. let's look at the results!

Oh my Goodness..."

Public Announcement, KSC

"Fellow Kerbals, as we all know, Kerbin is having a large food shortage," Mortimer Kerman said. "But our scientist, Linus Kerman has made a groundbreaking discovery! THE SURFACE OF MINIMUS IS EDIBLE!!! *lots of wooing and clapping* WE WILL build a Outpost on Minimus and bring ore back to Kerbin!!! *woos and claps* You will be able to buy this ore in the Kupermaket. This may be the SOLUTION the to food shortage on Kerbin!!! That is all, thank you."

I Present to you

The Minimus Challenge!

The Goal is to have a rocket fly to Minimus, collect ore, but not turn it into fuel. (the idea is to sell ore to Kerbin.) 

50 points to start with

Extra points for 

Flag (5+)

Base (40+)

SSTO (20+)

Science! (10+)

Satellites (15+)

Rovers (15+)

Every 50 Ore You Get (10+)

Also,you must do this in one mission.( multiple launches but must go to minimus in one ship)

Tell me any other thing I should have!

All mods except automated piloting mods.

Must say what mods used though.

Will you save Kerbin?

Leaderboard

Edited by Shadow Wolf56

On 5/2/2017 at 9:28 AM, Shadow Wolf56 said:

Every 50 Ore You Get (10+) 

On 5/2/2017 at 9:41 AM, CairoJack said:

You should add points for ore 

Did he add it because you suggested it @CairoJack, or did you just miss it?

Edited by TopHeavy11

Just now, Shadow Wolf56 said:

I added it cause I thought was a good idea.:)

OK. I might attempt this...quick question: Can this be in multiple launches, like an ore re-entry station, a refuel-able ore hauler, and a mining outpost on Minmus?

SSTO means Single stage to orbit, you can get to orbit around gilly with around 20 m/s of delta V with the right flight path. The most simple rockets with the most bare requirements have that amount of delta V. Thus all ships launched by people in this thread are SSTO's...

JK of course, its obviously a SSTLKO (Single Stage to Low Kerbin Orbit.) So all you have to do is get a craft that can get into orbit around kerbin without any extra stages, then separate it in orbit and land the lifter.

looks cool! minimus's gravity is very little, so it *should* :wink: be easy enough to get a good amount of ore... does time count? oh, and do you have to acctually get science from your experiment? thanks.

I'm wondering -- do you have to bring the ore back to Kerbin for it to count? Your post never actually says that the ore needs to be recovered, only collected.

Also, what limitations are there to prevent someone from just running the same mission over and over again to grind for ore, if multiple launches are possible?

4 hours ago, sevenperforce said:

I'm wondering -- do you have to bring the ore back to Kerbin for it to count? Your post never actually says that the ore needs to be recovered, only collected.

Also, what limitations are there to prevent someone from just running the same mission over and over again to grind for ore, if multiple launches are possible?

*sigh* The point is, to get the most ore recovered at kerbin.

Edited by Shadow Wolf56

7 minutes ago, Shadow Wolf56 said:

*sigh* The point is, to get the most ore recovered at kerbin. 

Okay, that is what I assumed. 

7 minutes ago, Shadow Wolf56 said:

Also you are allowed to do the same missions over and over again.

So...whoever plays this mission for the longest wins?

There needs to be a limit, like "you can only go to Minmus once" or "all the ore needs to come back in a single ship". 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.