Kerbin Side

New bases and launchsites around Kerbin

Screenshots

Spoiler

xZ2Quxl.png

JZzPmnz.png

40qwrDI.png

bySySE9.jpg

This is the continuation of AlphaAshs Kerbin-Side mods. He gave me his permission to contunue his work, but until now, there was no need to update them. 

Packages: 

1. Kerbin-Side complete  includes all the bases and facilities, Kerbin-Side Kampus & Kerbin-Side GroundStations. 

Kerbin-Side Complete incudes:

1. Kerbin-Side Kampus  A complete campus around the KSC
2. Kerbin-Side GroundControl Adds 20 GroundStations around the globe, which are usable CommNet and RemoteTech GroundStations. (RemoteTech antenna ranges are viewable on the map, the range is from KEO to the end of the SolarSystem, depending on the site) 
3. Kerbin-Side Skyways 29 Launchsites across the globe. The SkyWays package is a reduced set, which only includes a minimal set of buildings. Use this if you have performance problems.

No longer included in complete:
1. Kerbin-Side AirRace Adds three AirRace tracks around Kerbin. I'm not shure if anyone uses it, so I wanted to see how often it gets downloaded.

!!! You need Latest Kerbal-Konstructs for this mod !!!

Changelog: 

Spoiler

Version 1.4.5.24

* New config File format for new Kerbal-Konstructs.
* Statics should mostly work with Sigma Dimension

Version 1.4.5

* Changed Reference system to height aboce surface

Version 1.4

* Added the Carrrier by SpanerMonkey
* replaced the controlTower model with a new one

Version 1.3:

* converted to new .cfg format for Kerbal Konsructs 1.0 

(pictures will be delivered later, CKAN listing is requesed)

Edited by Ger_space
1.4.5.24 release

@Ger_space, thanks a lot, especially for this:

22 hours ago, Ger_space said:

No longer included in complete:
1. Kerbin-Side AirRace Adds three AirRace tracks around Kerbin. I'm not shure if anyone uses it

At first look, in OP lack something though... maybe this?

04qK5gU.jpg

And, small add for novices - old Kerbin-Side maps (for version 1.0.3 probably)

bTeTcoT.gif - 1. FULLMAP

2. Kerbin-Side GAP (RoutesSmall):

bySySE9.jpg

Luck in flight :cool:

Well after installing thismod, and the latest version of Kerbal konstructs (V 0.9.95 Soon to be 0.9.96) the issue I have noticed is a decrease in frame rate and I might have figured th s one out, it seems to be an issue of "Draw distance" (let me explain).

Draw Distance is the point where an oobject,  like a building or a launchsite, in this case) fcan, be seen..if it is seen, the the computer tends to draw itin, thus causing a decrease in frame rate..

It seems that when I tested thi sout further , if the draw distance (which can be modfified in KK) can be changed to say 70 or so KM) then the frame rates go up..(I noticed this becauwse I always tend to place a station at 201 Km above kerbin.. 

Therefor maybe the Kerbinside mode might have to be taken a look at for Draw distance issues..

Just my thoughts

Space_Coyote.

32 minutes ago, Space_Coyote said:

Well after installing thismod, and the latest version of Kerbal konstructs (V 0.9.95 Soon to be 0.9.96) the issue I have noticed is a decrease in frame rate and I might have figured th s one out, it seems to be an issue of "Draw distance" (let me explain).

Draw Distance is the point where an oobject,  like a building or a launchsite, in this case) fcan, be seen..if it is seen, the the computer tends to draw itin, thus causing a decrease in frame rate..

It seems that when I tested thi sout further , if the draw distance (which can be modfified in KK) can be changed to say 70 or so KM) then the frame rates go up..(I noticed this becauwse I always tend to place a station at 201 Km above kerbin.. 

Therefor maybe the Kerbinside mode might have to be taken a look at for Draw distance issues..

Just my thoughts

Space_Coyote.

Thanks for the investigation. The issue was internaly more complicated, because KK sets the draw distance, but for some reason I hit some very bad bugs of the mono interpreter.

Version 0.9.9.6 of KK resolves the framerate issues. (without that I really changed something, only renamed some functions)

on the side note: I tested to use the KSP internal funktions for setting the visible range... KK's solution results in a 100% higher framerate for some reason I dont't understand)

Edited by Ger_space

10 hours ago, GhostboyDB said:

I wish there were aircraft Carriers again. I know the Ships Before Had Problems, but it's easier to use than Aircraft Carriers that are actually Craft.

I'm sure it's doable again, just depends on how you want it to work,  If you just want a static launching/landing site at sea, illuminated for night landings,  that's very possible. ( and i possibly have a candidate)  But if you want all singing and all dancing with lifts and hangars then you run smack into the issues we had before

3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I'm sure it's doable again, just depends on how you want it to work,  If you just want a static launching/landing site at sea, illuminated for night landings,  that's very possible. ( and i possibly have a candidate)  But if you want all singing and all dancing with lifts and hangars then you run smack into the issues we had before

Want.  :-) - meaning just a lit place to land and launch. That's one of the features of BAD-T that I loved, the carriers inside the crater bay.

On 5/3/2017 at 0:07 PM, Aerospacer said:

And, small add for novices - old Kerbin-Side maps (for version 1.0.3 probably)

bTeTcoT.gif - 1. FULLMAP

Luck in flight :cool:

FYI for folks - FULLMAP does not show the ground control locations (except those co-located with other facilities).  Otherwise that particular map is probably the most accurate and up-to-date.  The most up-to-date ones will include "Valentina's Landing", which was one of the last sites AlphaAsh added.

3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I think it would be better to just have the landing site.  Also the mining rigs were cool. I think you could just land on a carrier, and recover. if you wanted too move the carrier, you would delete it and place it in a different area and then spawn the aircraft you landed on it, and pretend you're launching again. I would Love that.

In the true tradition of " look what i got , I'll just leave this here,  if it doesn't misbehave over a few dozen restarts I'll release it as a standalone static 250mtrs long btw

ihHtBZb.png

DcCeOsl.png

EDIT some time later, if I can land a plane on it anyone can so 250mtrs is plenty

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

5 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

In the true tradition of " look what i got , I'll just leave this here,  if it doesn't misbehave over a few dozen restarts I'll release it as a standalone static 250mtrs long btw

ihHtBZb.png

DcCeOsl.png

Wow. I'll download that, and then remove all but that because damn there are a lot of statics in SM statics, and too much clutter can get annoying.and kerbinside has enough already.

Hi,

thx for continuing this great mod!

In my new save I wanted to use Kerbin-Side und Remote Tech together, but I dont seem to get the configuration for the ground control stations right. They stick with a Omni value of 85 Gm which is way to much for my liking.

I tried the custom configuration for remote tech which Alshain provided some time ago:

GroundStations
	{
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
			Name = Mission Control
			Latitude = -0.131331503391266
			Longitude = -74.594841003418
			Height = 75
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 2.0E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 1693E145-BECE-4235-B26B-5B6114B4281A
			Name = Kerbal Space Center 2
			Latitude = 20.6575
			Longitude = -146.420556
			Height = 75
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 3.0E+06
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = EE78F306-0ED4-4865-8C13-10DDEAA9483F
			Name = Arakebo
			Latitude = 8.419714
			Longitude = 179.6987
			Height = 1519.066
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 2.0E+10
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 699D89AC-FD47-484F-AECC-379B77725913
			Name = Brownrock
			Latitude = 3.33
			Longitude = 322.85
			Height = 2230.51
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9.0E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 308A33EC-2460-4814-BC10-B5B8D72839A1
			Name = Central Lakes Tracking Center
			Latitude = -15.30997
			Longitude = 91.32384
			Height = 20.5704
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 2.0E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = AAC33C5B-630D-473D-B1E9-4C2A68F52F6C
			Name = Coaler Crater
			Latitude = 35.34896
			Longitude = 261.1127
			Height = 30.52464
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9.0E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 9190BB07-3925-4CB4-849E-1A21810E3CB8
			Name = Deadkerbal Pit
			Latitude = 14.73
			Longitude = 232.98
			Height = 2999.188
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9.0E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = AA2D359C-9B49-42A7-BF85-C1F988DF5F2C
			Name = Goldpool
			Latitude = -1.157747
			Longitude = 17.39211
			Height = 10.96307
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 5.0E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 53065D36-B712-4F96-A2E1-0982864D69EC
			Name = Green Coast
			Latitude = -3.47
			Longitude = 179.18
			Height = 230.57
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 5.0E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 695093D0-47DB-4C33-A550-712A9CAB1D93
			Name = Guardians Basin 1
			Latitude = 42.63991
			Longitude = 309.1047
			Height = 719.8522
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 5.0E+05
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 7787A4EC-AEC4-4CAE-A3D2-7CCE3B015990
			Name = Guardians Basin 2
			Latitude = 41.76225
			Longitude = 309.7187
			Height = 3079.852
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9.0E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 4BA75A6D-7398-4564-8491-913F504B3656
			Name = Hanbert Cape Tracking Center
			Latitude = -22.63785
			Longitude = 219.7502
			Height = 14.61615
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 3.0E+06
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = B1EFC379-E229-4ABE-A782-F6CBF18CE7F9
			Name = Jeb's Retreat
			Latitude = 5.59
			Longitude = 298.70
			Height = 1409.326
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9.0E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 7C9AAEB2-511E-4027-8236-72051CBA9843
			Name = Kerbin's Bottom
			Latitude = -50.47
			Longitude = 170.57
			Height = 101.0482
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 7.5E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 42A9C4BC-581C-440D-944E-C66FD67FD6E2
			Name = KKVLA
			Latitude = 10.63
			Longitude = 227.71
			Height = 405.639
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 7.5E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5356DDB8-6F2D-4899-9011-78B59AD1E5A5
			Name = Lodnie Isles
			Latitude = 29.45
			Longitude = 13.09
			Height = 1811.631
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9.0E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = D070C006-80BD-4B9C-B0BD-5D16FD0898F5
			Name = Lushlands
			Latitude = 2.17
			Longitude = 26.59
			Height = 780.591
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9.0E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 4454E7B7-8A21-454B-BE06-E3CBE935AA8C
			Name = Mount Snowey
			Latitude = 20.45
			Longitude = 281.91
			Height = 3684.544
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9.0E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 58322622-7537-4509-80E2-1AD1DB9E9F3F
			Name = North Pole
			Latitude = 79.48
			Longitude = 282.57
			Height = 37.92135
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 5.0E+05
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 09D18862-9F19-47E7-B947-E05F7B0EB5FB
			Name = Sea's End
			Latitude = -34.14
			Longitude = 79.77
			Height = 0.2
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 3.0E+06
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 2D47EC2F-2474-4623-8A2E-B6202397EF9D
			Name = South Point
			Latitude = -17.86
			Longitude = 166.43
			Height = 222.7742
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 5.0E+05
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 61AE9C36-E14B-4F55-9E0F-241C2EA96D41
			Name = Twin Peaks
			Latitude = 16.04
			Longitude = 203.14
			Height = 4704.547
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9.0E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = B9CB2739-0384-4232-8949-62647E9AE3C1
			Name = Zebedee
			Latitude = 78.61
			Longitude = 147.49
			Height = 2817.584
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9.0E+07
				}
			}
		}
	}

It doesnt seem to work and stays with the 85 Gm. Everything else seem to work though.

Despite the fact that I backed the game in early access since 2014 and mod it for years now, I have not exactly a whole lot of ideas about how mods work :0.0: so if anyone can help, pls keep it simple. thx

p.s.: first post in this forum, so HELLO to the community!!!

8 hours ago, Spallo said:

Hi,

thx for continuing this great mod!

In my new save I wanted to use Kerbin-Side und Remote Tech together, but I dont seem to get the configuration for the ground control stations right. They stick with a Omni value of 85 Gm which is way to much for my liking.

I tried the custom configuration for remote tech which Alshain provided some time ago:

It doesnt seem to work and stays with the 85 Gm. Everything else seem to work though.

Despite the fact that I backed the game in early access since 2014 and mod it for years now, I have not exactly a whole lot of ideas about how mods work :0.0: so if anyone can help, pls keep it simple. thx

p.s.: first post in this forum, so HELLO to the community!!!

A friendly welcome to the forum.

You don*t need a custom RT config as KK now creates the RT groundstations based on the following values:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GER-Space/Kerbin-Side-GroundControl/master/README.md

You can also see the ranges of the ground stations on the mapview, when you select a KK groundstation it should tell which range it will have.

Please don't forget to enable RemoteTech Support in the KK config (from the KSC - KK button)

In non-Career games all Groundstations are enabled by default.

Thx for the quick answer!

I have it enabled in the KK menu and I run the latest Version of it. I deleted the custom config in the Remote Tech default settings cfg, but it still shows me a Omni Antenna of 85 Gm on my three purchased tracking stations. These sites are Lodnieisles, Northpole and Zebedee.

Maybe the Issue is, that I upgraded KK in the save, because in an older version for 1.2.2 it was not working as intended either, but had not these crazy values...

In a new game it seems to work. But are the ranges supposed to be omni? It is a littlebit overpowered for my liking (despite being realistic). Can I change the values anywhere?

4 hours ago, Spallo said:

Thx for the quick answer!

I have it enabled in the KK menu and I run the latest Version of it. I deleted the custom config in the Remote Tech default settings cfg, but it still shows me a Omni Antenna of 85 Gm on my three purchased tracking stations. These sites are Lodnieisles, Northpole and Zebedee.

Maybe the Issue is, that I upgraded KK in the save, because in an older version for 1.2.2 it was not working as intended either, but had not these crazy values...

In a new game it seems to work. But are the ranges supposed to be omni? It is a littlebit overpowered for my liking (despite being realistic). Can I change the values anywhere?

try the reset-config button in the RemoteTech menue. This will delete all old GroundStations from the savegame. when you restart KSP (quit to main-menu shoud be ok) the GroundSttions are created by KK. 
The Omi-Antenna for groundstations cannot be changed, but the view is blocked by the planet, so you cannot just open one Station and you are done.

20 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

but the view is blocked by the planet, so you cannot just open one Station and you are done.

Using Remote Tech without knowing this kind of stuff would be suicide I think :wink:

After some fiddeling with the in game config menus of RT and KK it seems to work. Had to dumb some funds though, but nothing comes without a price i guess...

Thx for the help!!! And I came to the rly obvious conclusion, that they have to be omni of course to be of any reasonable use :cool:

I havent played KSP since 1.0 so my new playthrough will be like learning to walk again :o

@Ger_space, thank you so much for taking over this mod and Kerbal Konstructs. Any chance of updating the old contracts package, KerbinSide-Jobs? https://spacedock.info/mod/503/Kerbin-SideJobs (Contracts Pack) There have been some updates to Contract Configurator since it was last updated, and so the contracts throw some errors.

On 16.5.2017 at 2:22 AM, theonegalen said:

@Ger_space, thank you so much for taking over this mod and Kerbal Konstructs. Any chance of updating the old contracts package, KerbinSide-Jobs? https://spacedock.info/mod/503/Kerbin-SideJobs (Contracts Pack) There have been some updates to Contract Configurator since it was last updated, and so the contracts throw some errors.

Sorry for my late answer. I never worked on any Contract Packs before, but I'll have a look sometime next week.

hi I'm new to the ksp moving comunity and I downloaded this mod and kerbal constructs and stated building bases but when I clicked make staunch site I filled in the info but the save button wouldn't work please help I really want to build base but I can't save mine.

Edited by Calster804
Spelling mistake

1 hour ago, Calster804 said:

hi I'm new to the ksp moving comunity and I downloaded this mod and kerbal constructs and stated building bases but when I clicked make staunch site I filled in the info but the save button wouldn't work please help I really want to build base but I can't save mine.

In my experience, you place it, save, and it doesn't work so you delete and do it a second time. I'm not sure if it will work but give it a shot.

1 hour ago, Calster804 said:

try the latest beta of Kerbal-Konstructs, and restart KSP after creating a base, because they don't get fully initialized after placement. (sorry about that )

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.