[1.2.2 & 1.3 & 1.4 & 1.5] Kerbin-Side continued 1.4.5 [05.11.2018]

Ger_space

I'm playing in career mode and i have a problem: As you know, we must use funds to open a base, but when i quit KSP and reopens it, the bases i opened before requires to be opened again, which cost me unnecessarily funds to open a base i've opened before. Do anyone have the same annoying issue?

On 1. 9. 2017 at 8:47 PM, hanhan658 said:

I'm playing in career mode and i have a problem: As you know, we must use funds to open a base, but when i quit KSP and reopens it, the bases i opened before requires to be opened again, which cost me unnecessarily funds to open a base i've opened before. Do anyone have the same annoying issue?

Yeah, I think everybody does. I reported it months ago.

On 1.9.2017 at 8:47 PM, hanhan658 said:

9 hours ago, nervv said:

Yeah, I think everybody does. I reported it months ago.

you can try the latest beta release of KK, which fixes this issue for most other players:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.1.9.6

2 hours ago, TheNoobHunter24 said:

Are the new buildings in this destroyable like the stock KSC buildings?

No, and they won't for quite some time. Kerbal konstructs lacks the setup for destructive buildings and the interface to repair them. 

Also I now have access to the wreck models I have currently no plans to setup the destruction effects. 

As soon you can explain me, how this will improve the gameplay, I might reconsider this.

Well the only reason I wanted know is that would be AMAZING to use with BD Armory for more bombing targets. Currently there's only KSC which is right there, or building a base which isnt very fun compared to say those office buildings near the KSC. Probably not enough to make you consider it since I don't know if a lot of people play that way.

On 13.9.2017 at 2:08 PM, NomenNescio said:

Quick question, are the new ground stations affected by the stock DSN range multiplier?

Hmm, I never tested this, so I guess no. What is this multiplier? Some stock setting? Sorry I'm currently not on my pc and haven't played ksp for quite some time (except modding) 

I'm having a lot of trouble with the ground stations portion of the mod.  No matter what I do the only station anything will connect to is KSC, not any of the mod or default ones.  I've tried enabling extra groundstations, disabling extra groundstations, enabling commnet support, disabling commnet support, I've bought every tracking station except Arakebo because it's friggin expensive, I've removed the Ground Control folder,  reinstalled it, reinstalled the whole mod, nothing has worked.  KSC is the only station that connects to anything, so I have six hour blackouts on interplanetary missions (for some reason I can't understand, even though I have a network that should pick them up and relay to KSC anyway).  Is there anything else I can do besides download Kampus and Skyways separately?  If I do so, will I lose any of the bases/buildings, or will they all be there besides the tracking stations?

EDIT:  Wow 15 minutes after I typed this it started working properly.  I guess it heard me complaining?  There's your solution to anyone having the same problem :P

I would still appreciate an answer to that last question, however.

EDIT 2: Reflecting further, it changed after I launched a new vessel.  If anyone is having this sort of trouble and changing settings won't work, try launching a new vessel.

Edited by Razor235

10 hours ago, Razor235 said:

I'm having a lot of trouble with the ground stations portion of the mod.  No matter what I do the only station anything will connect to is KSC, not any of the mod or default ones.  I've tried enabling extra groundstations, disabling extra groundstations, enabling commnet support, disabling commnet support, I've bought every tracking station except Arakebo because it's friggin expensive, I've removed the Ground Control folder,  reinstalled it, reinstalled the whole mod, nothing has worked.  KSC is the only station that connects to anything, so I have six hour blackouts on interplanetary missions (for some reason I can't understand, even though I have a network that should pick them up and relay to KSC anyway).  Is there anything else I can do besides download Kampus and Skyways separately?  If I do so, will I lose any of the bases/buildings, or will they all be there besides the tracking stations?

EDIT:  Wow 15 minutes after I typed this it started working properly.  I guess it heard me complaining?  There's your solution to anyone having the same problem :P

EDIT 2: Reflecting further, it changed after I launched a new vessel.  If anyone is having this sort of trouble and changing settings won't work, try launching a new vessel.

Oh, CommNet Support strongly relies on Vodoo and black Magic. But most the time it works, if extra groundstations and commnet Support are both enabled.

You can download any mod that uses Kerbal Kunstruct (Like Kerbin-Side complete, KSC++, Kerbin-Cities, maritime pack etc...) without any problems or loosing the state of the tracking stations.

Having an issue where the following happens:

If I mouse over the KK icon in the SPH/VAB, Dull Spot becomes the launch pad, even if it wasn't previously selected.

Once this happens, I can't re-select to KSC Runway.  In fact, selecting KSC runway in the list brings up Dull Spot in the launch site preview.

So the only way to launch from KSC is to exit the SPH/VAB and select the runway/launch pad manually.  PITA.

Anyone see or fix this?  I've tried looking for a config but having no luck.

On 18. 9. 2017 at 9:31 PM, Razor235 said:

I have a similar problem. I installed the mod, went to the tracking station and for a few moments the CommNet worked, then it stopped. Unfortunately launching a new vessel didn't work for me :(. And what was strange - the sky went totally black. The ground was lighted, i could see the Mun and Kerbol in the sky, but it was pitch black. I use EVE with para-sci high performance pack.

Hello, folks!

I've run into something of a mod compatability issue, and am hoping for some advice on how best to proceed.

With the release of KSS 0.7, I've been building up my mod list for my next playthrough startup.  KerbinSide was one the first big mods I installed.  However, with the latest version of KSS, Kerbin has been slightly reworked.  I checked several of the KerbinSide bases, only to find them either hovering a couple thousand meters in the air, or a couple hundred meters underground.

My knowledge of mod making is pretty limited, so the only solution I could see off the top of my head was to go to each of the KerbinSide files and update the elevations to bring them back to the surface.  However, I wanted to ask around the forum first.

I am by no means pushing for either mod team to make a compatability patch.  :)  Any and all advice on how to move ahead would be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I am using Remote Tech 2 and I am trying to launch an unmanned rocket from Great EZ Kape but there is no signal. I can't launch without a connection. Is this a bug or what am I doing wrong? I have activated all the radar stations in the Base Boss.

EDIT: 

I can now see which Helipads, and other facilities have RT Ground stations (the red dot) but EZ Kapes doesn't have a RT ground station. I've tried adding every dish, comm station that I could find and I still can't get a comms connection.

Edited by Voodoo8648

Hi, I installed a new Launchpad near the Great EZ Kape and tagged it as a "RP" Rocket Pad. 

The new launchpad is open and I tried to launch from this new pad but I get an error saying, "the Launchpad is out of service. Not in serviceable condition. Cannot Proceed. There is no damage to any facilities from the main KSC screen and I turned on indestructible buildings.

HeXzZJr.png

Edited by Voodoo8648

On 10/17/2017 at 12:06 PM, Voodoo8648 said:

Hi, I installed a new Launchpad near the Great EZ Kape and tagged it as a "RP" Rocket Pad. 

The new launchpad is open and I tried to launch from this new pad but I get an error saying, "the Launchpad is out of service. Not in serviceable condition. Cannot Proceed. There is no damage to any facilities from the main KSC screen and I turned on indestructible buildings.

HeXzZJr.png

Well, it appears that restarting KSP fixed it... and enabling colliders fixed the rocket falling thru the platform... so far.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.