[1.2.2 & 1.3 & 1.4 & 1.5] Kerbin-Side continued 1.4.5 [05.11.2018]

Ger_space

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 11:18 AM, Ger_space said:

There are many broken bases and I cannot fix them. 

I don't own this mod and I don't have the original 3d assets. That's why Kerbin-side remastered was born. 

Does this mean that there is no more support for the mod?

I currently use a mix of KerbinSide and KerbinSideRemastering. There are interesting things in each. Well, and KerbinSide has more operating bases around Kerbin.

Edited by Sokol_323

I have tried to use the old "kerbin side gap" contract pack with my 1.4.5 game modded with the current kerbin side ... sadly it doesn't work anymore. The contract pack seems to be updated to work as far as 1.3 and it does not digest well with 1.4!

It's too bad, it was AFIK the best contract pack available to give us something to do with all those runways! Can anybody suggest me another contract pack for that purpose?

3 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

I have tried to use the old "kerbin side gap" contract pack with my 1.4.5 game modded with the current kerbin side ... sadly it doesn't work anymore. The contract pack seems to be updated to work as far as 1.3 and it does not digest well with 1.4!

It's too bad, it was AFIK the best contract pack available to give us something to do with all those runways! Can anybody suggest me another contract pack for that purpose?

At the moment, I don't think there is such a beast. Ideally, there would be an API-like system like Kopernicus, where it would just listen for any/all active bases, and what type they are (runway, helipad, etc.) and assign contracts based on that criteria. It could even work with just the four (five?) bases that come with Stock+MH.

1 hour ago, boohey12 said:

anyone got this working on 1.6.1 it loads the assets but they are all miss aligned :(

Yes, I already wrote to @Ger_space --

You can try the version 1.4.5.25 from SpaceDock (it have correct placement), but accidentally crashes of crafts is possible.

As noted in this topic, some work of this pack can't to be repaired.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, siklidkid said:

Could you make this for 1.5.1?

It's working on 1.5.1 and also on 1.6.1. 

You need to download a compatible Kerbal Konstructs.

In a nutshell, download what follows:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.4.5.59

https://spacedock.info/mod/1347/Kerbin-Side Complete continued/download/1.5.1

Hi,

I searched the topics but didn't find what I was looking for. So I ask directly now.

1. I have some kraken issues
1. a) When I try to enter the road leading to tunnel at the KSP The kraken appears and takes my world away.
1. b) I had a contract to land at old KSP. I landed besides the runway and tried to move on it from the side. It has the same effect then entering the tunnel road
--> kraken.

2. I had to land on the old KSP. But the slightest touchdown caused the runway to collapse. Is there a way to set the buildings to indestructible? I read that there is a config-File but I didn’t find it. I neither found an option within the game.

Pardon me, if you already answered the question.

Installed latest konstructs and this on 1.6.1. All the icons on the map are black squares and the snowy mountain launch site close to the KSC is mostly under the ground. Is this just because it's not built for 1.6.1 yet or is there a fault on my side?

6 hours ago, iwiw said:

Installed latest konstructs and this on 1.6.1. All the icons on the map are black squares and the snowy mountain launch site close to the KSC is mostly under the ground. Is this just because it's not built for 1.6.1 yet or is there a fault on my side?

If something is underground, then turn up the terrain details on the ksp settings.

The black icons.. I don't know what happens with that. A typical case of: cannot reproduce.

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2019 at 3:14 PM, Rover 6428 said:

I am playing with a planet pack and some bases look quite wonky. How do I delete already existing bases without removing the templates?

Delete the directories of the bases inside the gamedata / Kerbin-side folder. The structure should be self explaining.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading through this thread, I see that it is mentioned that some Kerbin-Side bases are just overall broken. Is there any way I can discern which are working and which aren't? I've eyed the debug menu while playing and it seems to say something about mission file generation failed, aborting. Whenever I attempt to launch anywhere that isn't a Squad-based launch site. I have both up to date Kerbal Konstructs and Kerbinside continued, both of which installed manually.

I've even got a log file. I don't know how to read it, but maybe you can make sense of it?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qh1qrakxzg0emjv/KSP.rar?dl=0

21 minutes ago, Kamudo said:

Reading through this thread, I see that it is mentioned that some Kerbin-Side bases are just overall broken. Is there any way I can discern which are working and which aren't? I've eyed the debug menu while playing and it seems to say something about mission file generation failed, aborting. Whenever I attempt to launch anywhere that isn't a Squad-based launch site. I have both up to date Kerbal Konstructs and Kerbinside continued, both of which installed manually.

I've even got a log file. I don't know how to read it, but maybe you can make sense of it?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qh1qrakxzg0emjv/KSP.rar?dl=0

one bonuspoint for a complete log.

Here is a update that should fix your issue:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1052/Kerbal-Konstructs

Edited by Ger_space

35 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

one bonuspoint for a complete log.

Here is a update that should fix your issue:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1052/Kerbal-Konstructs

This resolved my issues regarding launch sites in its entirety. Thank you Ger_space, I appreciate your quicky response and your assistance.

Weird how that works when following directions. Hopefully others use this exchange as a lesson on how to get support.

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Stephen Locksley said:

Help me. When launching in a launch site instead of KSC2, KSC, Island Airfield and Dessert Airfield, it keeps bringing me back to space center.

Not sure I'm the person to ask.  I'm not that versed in the machinations of KK and KerbinSide. Better to ask @Ger_space.

Peace.

13 hours ago, Stephen Locksley said:

Help me. When launching in a launch site instead of KSC2, KSC, Island Airfield and Dessert Airfield, it keeps bringing me back to space center.

Are these newly created launch sites made by you?

Try restarting the game before launching.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.