[1.2.2 & 1.3 & 1.4 & 1.5] Kerbin-Side continued 1.4.5 [05.11.2018]

Ger_space

8 minutes ago, Skylon said:

I'm using KSP 1.2.2 and when I launch at a different site I am sometimes spawned underground

Hi, Is it random or  always  at certain sites ?  If the latter, It sounds like the terrain may have change in those locations, i can think of no other way that a spawn point can be underground.  could you make a note of those locations and let us know.  which ones where,  so we can check and reposition if required

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, Is it random or  always  at certain sites ?  If the latter, It sounds like the terrain may have change in those locations, i can think of no other way that a spawn point can be underground.  could you make a note of those locations and let us know.  which ones where,  so we can check and reposition if required

Yeah, I think it is at certain sites. Will notify you of which ones when I am next on KSP

23 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Don't know if using the editor is easy for you. press "CTRL+k" when landed near a place where you want a fuel Tank....

23 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI, Yup it's fairly easy

Hi guys, many thanks. I will follow your advice! Indeed I'm more than able to play with the editor. Cheers!

6 hours ago, politas said:

Hi, just popped in to let you know that the current versions of KerbinSide should now be available in the CKAN! If anyone can test the installation and let me know if there are any issues, that would be helpful. I've never used much of KerbinSide other than the Air Race.

I've just downloaded it now. I'll report back in an hour or so. time to create some fuel tanks :cool:

On 28.5.2017 at 8:36 PM, Aerospacer said:

@Ger_space, may I add a small request ?

In previous versions after enter in Editor (Ctrl+K) we may to free fly above and below the surface - now just above. :(

Fly below the surface is very helpful for object's placement, may You please return it back?

hmmm, that Code was changed a long time ago, (and I was happy to be rid of it, because KK now uses the standart KSP camera controlls for placement. I hope I can readd the old (it should be somewhere in github) mode and make it configuable, which one you want. 

I wanted first convert KK to the new KSP 1.2 config menu format, so I have one less legacy menu to worry about. This will not happen with the next KK release, because I want to release this this week, but need to make a bunch of changes to Kerbin-Side first (at least fix all hangars and fueltank configs :/ )

Edited by Ger_space

It's gaming night in KSP 1.2.2, and after finishing some contracts for some needed cash, and exploring the country side,

I flew the Akron to the Kerbin's Heart Science Center:

VxsvQEk.png

hSH13N1.png

rH1oFnH.png

Sadly there's no fuel depot here, but I should be able to refuel at Lushlands. if not, I can start drilling...

Really enjoying the mod. :)

Edited by Angel-125

On 2.6.2017 at 7:59 AM, Angel-125 said:

It's gaming night in KSP 1.2.2, and after finishing some contracts for some needed cash, and exploring the country side,

I flew the Akron to the Kerbin's Heart Science Center:

Sadly there's no fuel depot here, but I should be able to refuel at Lushlands. if not, I can start drilling...

Really enjoying the mod. :)

I'm glad you like it. 

On 29.5.2017 at 9:59 PM, Aerospacer said:

@Ger_space, ok, I ready to wait.

Btw, ResearchBodies-compatible vession of KSC++ already almost done:

Reveal hidden contents

tbJ8Ck9.png

nCVZGKx.png

TL7nA9e.png

I'll upload it soon

very nice work!

Announcement:

With the 1.0 release Kerbal Konstructs, the default config format of the statics has slightly changed. that will make all future releases of Kerbin-Side incompatible with older releases of Kerbal Konstructs. The goos news is, that Kerbal Konstructs runs on 1.2 and 1.3, but please update it! 

Other mods are mostly unaffected, because they didn't use broken configs for the facilities (if they had any defined)

I installed this recently and noticed that, in addition to the various new buildings around the KSC, there's a small square with arrows on it floating in the air near the VAB.  (It's very small in the default view; you have to zoom in on the VAB to see it clearly.)

OBBGPO0.jpgKjh3FF5.jpgp16IDnW.jpg

It doesn't cause a problem or anything, but I figured I'd point it out since it's probably not meant to be there.  :)

Edited by Wyzard

11 hours ago, Wyzard said:

I installed this recently and noticed that, in addition to the various new buildings around the KSC, there's a small square with arrows on it floating in the air near the VAB.  (It's very small in the default view; you have to zoom in on the VAB to see it clearly.)

OBBGPO0.jpgKjh3FF5.jpgp16IDnW.jpg

It doesn't cause a problem or anything, but I figured I'd point it out since it's probably not meant to be there.  :)

this is ment to be there, If you have a lv  3 VAB, so you can launch directly from the roof. I don't know If I'll keep this, because of the problems with the lv1 & 2 buildings. 

A new release: The carrier is back!

Kerbin-Side-Complete 1,4: github release

Many thanks to  @SpannerMonkey(smce) for his donation of a brand new carrier model. I placed it in two spots around kerbin. 
We will also try the replace the models, which throw errors when loading and release them under a free license.

Changelog:

• @SpannerMonkey(smce) kindly contributed a carrier for sea launches and landings. There are two of them swimming in the oceans around kerbin. If you have a good spot for one, please tell me.
  • replaced the buggy controlTower model with a new model, which should anymore and render faster. 

new Carrier

40qwrDI.png

(left old, right new)

3ctKwuc.png

I'll slowly work through all of the other assets as my time permits. I'll try to match the current Kerbin-Side style as good as I could. 

6 hours ago, mindbound said:

@Ger_space - given that the KerbinSide pack seems to contain only static assets but not code, could the new content be backwards-compatible with 1.2.x?

The new statics are in the Kerbal-Konstricts 1.0 cfg format. So you might need to update Kerbal-Konstructs to the latest release. KK is working on 1.2.2 and 1.3 (at lest the last time I tested it) 

On 5/28/2017 at 11:25 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hide contents

skx8LCj.png

OH MY GOSH DID YOU PUT A BATTLESHIP SOMEWHERE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN FOR US TO FIND

Also @Ger_space, thanks so much for your hard work. Don't worry too much about matching the old KSide style if you intend to update everything; AphaAsh admitted himself that a lot of those statics were designed in his modeling infancy. :)

Edited by theonegalen

14 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

OH MY GOSH DID YOU PUT A BATTLESHIP SOMEWHERE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN FOR US TO FIND

Is there is some interest i'd be up for that, it's something i've been tinkering with and have a couple of donors  . And  there's a sunken ship in my static pack already,

Spoiler

UL0VaWQ.png

6 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Is there is some interest i'd be up for that, it's something i've been tinkering with and have a couple of donors  . And  there's a sunken ship in my static pack already,

Reveal hidden contents

UL0VaWQ.png

How often do you update your static pack? I never know when or if there are new things to get.

20 hours ago, Ger_space said:

A new release: The carrier is back!

Kerbin-Side-Complete 1,4: github release

Many thanks to  @SpannerMonkey(smce) for his donation of a brand new carrier model. I placed it in two spots around kerbin. 
We will also try the replace the models, which throw errors when loading and release them under a free license.

Changelog:

• @SpannerMonkey(smce) kindly contributed a carrier for sea launches and landings. There are two of them swimming in the oceans around kerbin. If you have a good spot for one, please tell me.
  • replaced the buggy controlTower model with a new model, which should anymore and render faster. 

new Carrier

(left old, right new)
I'll slowly work through all of the other assets as my time permits. I'll try to match the current Kerbin-Side style as good as I could. 

Looks great! :) I also noticed that you've made some changes to how bases are defined, will that affect ones like Top Secret and the Kosmodrome? I use both of them in KSP 1.2.2 currently.

Also:

d4NoKgY.png

Akron and its support airship, the Fulton, at Round Range Airport. :)

Edited by Angel-125

49 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Looks great! :) I also noticed that you've made some changes to how bases are defined, will that affect ones like Top Secret and the Kosmodrome? I use both of them in KSP 1.2.2 currently.

Thanks.

These bases will load up properly, and launchsites will be useable. Only if there are facilities (like fuel tanks) that are not fully configured, then these will not work correctly.

kerbinside was full of these halve defined facilities (they all got fixed within kk on runtime, but this made the code pretty ugly and hard to read) so I needed a new release of kerbinside for the latest kerbal konstructs release.

1 hour ago, shadoxfilms said:

Does anybody know if Kerbinside-jobs is 1.3 compatible? Would love to give some of my new bases some more uses.

I have not tested it, but I didn't change the api, so it should be useable.you will need to delete the dll from the pack, as contract configuator will bring its own ( and updated ) version of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

@Ger_space, thank you for supporting KK and KerbinSide, those mods are really add a lot of fun in game.

However, last time I checked (a while ago...) KerbinSide did not work well with rescale mods (I mean Sigma Dimensions) - because parts of buildings designated in absolute position, not related to some origin point.

Recently I've found this post by @Sigma88

Means somehow KK and KerbinSide may support rescaling by Sigma. I'm sorry if it was already discussed and I failed to find related posts.

But again I want to point out that KerbinSide is way more relevant for upscaled Kerbin, because you can get anywhere so fast on stock planet size....

2 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

Hello everyone!

@Ger_space, thank you for supporting KK and KerbinSide, those mods are really add a lot of fun in game.

However, last time I checked (a while ago...) KerbinSide did not work well with rescale mods (I mean Sigma Dimensions) - because parts of buildings designated in absolute position, not related to some origin point.

Recently I've found this post by @Sigma88

Means somehow KK and KerbinSide may support rescaling by Sigma. I'm sorry if it was already discussed and I failed to find related posts.

But again I want to point out that KerbinSide is way more relevant for upscaled Kerbin, because you can get anywhere so fast on stock planet size....

I talked a lot with Sigma88 about this and added some Code for him in one of the latest KK releases. The scaling is done on his side (SD), because he wanted to do this. There are a lot of problems with an automatic scaling (should the building scale with the scaling of the planets, but this will make them look funny or render them unusable when used) then there is a spreading problem (what is the center point you want to use?) the changes in terrainheigt and so on. 

As I don't use SD in my own games (the two times a year I really play KSP) this is pretty low priority for me to solve, because my current proirities are a bit more focused on optimizing Kerbin-Side models (recreating the assets under a free license) and cleaning up KK and adding a few fast to implement features (that I mostly need for the new KS model)

I will not say I will never do this, but it will not before winter, when I start working on SigmaDimension support, as this will be easier to implement with some changes I planned for that time.

43 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

SD already takes care of repositioning / resizing KK statics :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.