Ger_space

[1.2.2 & 1.3 & 1.4 & 1.5] Kerbin-Side continued 1.4.5 [05.11.2018]

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

A poll for all the Kerbin-Side users: do the CommNet GroundStation works for you?

yes, but you have to enable the extra goundstations setting in the ksp setting and enable commnet support within kk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ger_space said:

yes, but you have to enable the extra goundstations setting in the ksp setting and enable commnet support within kk. 

It seems I did it right (from a setting point of view). I ask cause no one reports any issue, so it's probably something on my side, but I can't figure out what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nansuchao said:

It seems I did it right (from a setting point of view). I ask cause no one reports any issue, so it's probably something on my side, but I can't figure out what it is.

  just to be sure: You opened up the groundstations from the mapview? They are all closed by default.

You might try the latest kk prerelease and if the problem persists, please upload the ksp logfiles and your savegame folder. (from the kk prerelease build) this version has more debug logging, so I might see whats wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

  just to be sure: You opened up the groundstations from the mapview? They are all closed by default.

You might try the latest kk prerelease and if the problem persists, please upload the ksp logfiles and your savegame folder. (from the kk prerelease build) this version has more debug logging, so I might see whats wrong.

What? I have to open then up from the MapView? Running to test it now. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

@Ger_space I'm probably a moron, but I'm unable to activate them. Here's my KSP.log and the persistent of the save: KSP.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/cu6kw25m8s61943/KSP.log?dl=0

Persistent.sfs:https://www.dropbox.com/s/6lgjkb60w31j46z/persistent.sfs?dl=0

thanks, The Logs are normal, so I tried to make a clarification screenshot for you: You can open the GroundStations from the KSP-Trackingstation. 

1. Press the KK button?
2. Select the GroundStations in the filter window
3. select the station you want to open
4. pay the money the station costs. 

iMIx28g.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ger_space said:

thanks, The Logs are normal, so I tried to make a clarification screenshot for you: You can open the GroundStations from the KSP-Trackingstation. 

1. Press the KK button?
2. Select the GroundStations in the filter window
3. select the station you want to open
4. pay the money the station costs. 

iMIx28g.png

 

 

Thank you very much, so now maybe I found the issue. 

I'm in Science mode, so no money at all. In Map View I haven't the option to select them, the icon of the GroundStations is black and it stays black no matter how many times I click on it.

Edited by Nansuchao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

Thank you very much, so now maybe I found the issue. 

I'm in Science mode, so no money at all. In Map View I haven't the option to select them, the icon of the GroundStations is black and it stays black no matter how many times I click on it.

That is the reason I wonder if KK is working correct in science mode. That is something I never tested :huh:

I'll check it later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

That is the reason I wonder if KK is working correct in science mode. That is something I never tested :huh:

I'll check it later. 

Thank you very much, I appreciate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

Thank you very much, I appreciate.

njfoChD.png

I but a new vessel to the "Zebedee" Facility and it is connected to the next GroundStation, so It it working as expected The only "Bug" I saw, that I cound not select the Stations on the Map, because the button is grayed out :-(

OK, My test base was on of the two that worked on a non career Game :o 

I'm currently working on a update

 

 

 

Edited by Ger_space

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

njfoChD.png

I but a new vessel to the "Zebedee" Facility and it is connected to the next GroundStation, so It it working as expected The only "Bug" I saw, that I cound not select the Stations on the Map, because the button is grayed out :-(

 

As long as it works there is no issue. The one I have is that none works except the main KSC. I'm not on my pc right now, so I ask: is it possible that I set the GroundStations to not be showed up from the main menu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nansuchao said:

As long as it works there is no issue. The one I have is that none works except the main KSC. I'm not on my pc right now, so I ask: is it possible that I set the GroundStations to not be showed up from the main menu?

working on a update. I always the selected the only base that has a working GroundStation on non career games, so when I tested it, all was fine.. a fix is on the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much I relized I forgot to press save 

 

ops thanks for the help 

do you have eny ideas for good ksp war mods in 1.2.2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Calster804 said:

do you have eny ideas for good ksp war mods in 1.2.2

 

I'm not really intrested in war, but BD Armory ist pretty popular. 
War as in capturing bases: If someone is willing to write and maintain an extension to Kerbal-Konstricts, I'm willing to incorporate it, but I'll not do this anytime soon,

 

In the other News: Kerbin-Side and Kerbal-Konstructs are compatible with KSP 1.3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use Air Race frequently! I actually came to this thread to suggest you make another one, maybe in the North Pole mountain range? The terrain there is mostly peaks and valleys, so flying through it would be tons of fun!

I even have a YouTube series dedicated to it, so yeah. I'm still editing the third video (taking longer than expected) but here's the second in the series (it's the better one) - 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fireheart318 said:

I use Air Race frequently!

Hi , thats a first , in all the years of using KK, (from KT days) I've never seen anyone actually use the air race.   

There is of course nothing stopping you from creating a new race track wherever you choose, and would probably be easier for you than someone who has never used the AirRace.   As you have actually flown the courses and have a better idea than most of the turn radius etc you will need in order for the track to be usable by anyone else.   

I'd  have to go through a process of build a track, build a plane, fly the track, move the gates, fly the track, move the gates , and even then it's likely only to work for a similar style aircraft,

SO I'd say go for it Build Your Own, which is what KK is for after all, and you get a bonus video feature on how to create an air race track.

Cheers

Spoiler

skx8LCj.png

 

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, first let me say a big thank you for updating the mod, I really enjoy it.

Second, a small question: is there any (easy for a noob) way to add more fuel tanks to the bases, so that every helipad, airport etc had one? I usually fly missions from base to base around the world in sandbox and it would be nice to be able to refuel. In most routes I can plan ahead, but not always.

Again thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Kerbinstein said:

Hi, first let me say a big thank you for updating the mod, I really enjoy it.

Second, a small question: is there any (easy for a noob) way to add more fuel tanks to the bases, so that every helipad, airport etc had one? I usually fly missions from base to base around the world in sandbox and it would be nice to be able to refuel. In most routes I can plan ahead, but not always.

Again thanks!

Don't know if using the editor is easy for you. press "CTRL+k" when landed near a place where you want a fuel Tank and then click "spawn new" Search for a fitting model and then use the buttons on the new window to move it to the position. After that, click on the facility Type button and select fuelTank. Edit the values, press save, press save again and you should have a new FuelTank placed.

Someone who is able to build and fly a helicopter should be able to figure it out how the editor works. (you might need to use latest KK beta, when editing, The latest official might have some bugs :o  ) I had recently a bug with the facility editor, but don't know which version it was, in the beta tree (now fixed) or official. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Kerbinstein said:

is there any (easy for a noob) way to add more fuel tanks to the base

HI, Yup it's fairly easy

Fly to the site at which you want to place a fuel depot,   Land, (dont do this while flying )

Open the KK editor by pressing ALT K

From the tabs in the gui select spawn new,

browse list and find suitable fuel tank.  NOTE  the window contains 4 columns, the first is the group that the model belongs to, the next is the models name,  the next two concern themselves with placing,   column 3 which spawns a rotating preview model, in order that you can check it is indeed what you want, and the forth column will select a placeable model

So now you've selected a model you can now move it , and place it,   using the gui window that is displayed when you select a model to place   When you are happy with the models position click save and then deselect , the model editor will now close leaving you with the instance editor. 

As a final touch once you have placed the objects, in the gui window (ksp models are called instances, so we call that the instance editor)  Select local instances, and at the bottom of the window reduce the range as far as it will go,  . This will now list any models in the local area and show you if they are assigned to a group.  If the local models are grouped you will notice a name in the first column and that  the models you have placed  have ungrouped in that column .   Once again in the bottom of the gui in the add to group box, type in the name of the group. NOTE it is case sensitive, so if you want to add to a group rather than create a new one, you will need the exact same group name as is displayed for the other local models. Then save as  group , close all the windows and your done

,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ger_space, may I add a small request ?

In previous versions after enter in Editor (Ctrl+K) we may to free fly above and below the surface - now just above. :(

Fly below the surface is very helpful for object's placement, may You please return it back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, just popped in to let you know that the current versions of KerbinSide should now be available in the CKAN! If anyone can test the installation and let me know if there are any issues, that would be helpful. I've never used much of KerbinSide other than the Air Race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.