Ger_space

[1.2.2 & 1.3 & 1.4 & 1.5] Kerbin-Side continued 1.4.5 [05.11.2018]

Recommended Posts

I guess you have some more mods installed, something that changes the dimensions of Kerbin ( Sigma dimensions, kopernikus, stock visual terrain...)

All of these mods have a change to alter the terrain altitude and mess up with the placement of the statics.

I hope that the last release of kerbal Konstructs changes the behavior a bit, but I'm not sure. ( But wait for a bugfix release) 

If you are in a career game: you can disable the career status of kk in its settings, so all bases are considered open.

The offices are in the Kerbin-side package, look at the kk button in flight, then you can see the facilities that are near

Edited by Ger_space

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2018 at 5:24 PM, Ger_space said:

I guess you have some more mods installed, something that changes the dimensions of Kerbin ( Sigma dimensions, kopernikus, stock visual terrain...)

All of these mods have a change to alter the terrain altitude and mess up with the placement of the statics.

I hope that the last release of kerbal Konstructs changes the behavior a bit, but I'm not sure. ( But wait for a bugfix release) 

If you are in a career game: you can disable the career status of kk in its settings, so all bases are considered open.

The offices are in the Kerbin-side package, look at the kk button in flight, then you can see the facilities that are near

Hi @Ger_space!
 

Is this response for me? As I've said in my post, the only mods I have installed are KER, KK and Kerbin Side. But it really is weird that I seem to be the only one experiencing this issue.

So what I am planning to do right now is backup my current KSP, get my KSP backup before I installed any mods, then I will try installing Kerbal Konstructs and Kerbin Side. This time I will make sure that this will be the only mods installed, since when I reported the issue before I had mods installed, but I just uninstalled them. They might have left something that broke something else. I haven't installed any of the mods you mentioned though.

Anyway, let's see! I'll be back in a few hours.

 

Edit: Well, this saddens me. Even though I started from a clean KSP (1.3.1.1891) with only two mods (Kerbal-Konstructs-1.3.0.3 and Kerbin-Side_Complete_continued-1.4), the result is the same: 

Spoiler
  1. Arakebo Island
  2. Ben Bay
  3. Black Krags
  4. Coaler Crater
  5. Donby Hole
  6. Everkrest
  7. Green Peaks
  8. Guardian's Basin
  9. Hanbert Cape
  10. Jeb's Island Resort
  11. Kerbin's Bottom
  12. Kerbin's Heart Science Centre
  13. Kerman Lake
  14. Lodnie Isles
  15. Lushlands
  16. Mount Snowey
  17. Round Range Helipad
  18. South Point
  19. The Shelf
  20. Valentina's Landing
  21. Deadkerbal Pit Launch Site
  22. Green Basin
  23. Hanbert Cape
  24. Kraken's Belly
  25. KSC 2 'The Old KSC'
  26. Mount Snowey Launch Complex
  27. Round Range Launchpad
  28. Zebedee Polar Launch Facility

Here are some screenshots (imgur messed up the arrangement ugh.)

I have something new to report, there seemed to be a weird window on the upper left, that was not there before. Have you seen this already?

I don't know why my install is weird like this, maybe it's specific to the KSP version?
Anyway, I'm actually not expecting you to be able to fix this, because it seems to be a local problem.
What I would like to ask though, is if you have screenshots of the bases, so that I could actually just fix the positions myself using Kerbal Konstructs. (I've actually done it on some of the bases I have visited that seemed easy to fix on my current save)

Here is the log anyway, might have some information.

Lastly, I feel really bad because all I can do is just report issues, but let me tell you that I absolutely love this mod and will still have it installed throughout my playthrough. Thanks for all the hard work!

P.S. Thanks for the information regarding the offices by the way. I'm able to see them now. Thanks :)

Edited by johnkeale
Added more details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, johnkeale said:

Hi @Ger_space!
 

Is this response for me? As I've said in my post, the only mods I have installed are KER, KK and Kerbin Side. But it really is weird that I seem to be the only one experiencing this issue.

So what I am planning to do right now is backup my current KSP, get my KSP backup before I installed any mods, then I will try installing Kerbal Konstructs and Kerbin Side. This time I will make sure that this will be the only mods installed, since when I reported the issue before I had mods installed, but I just uninstalled them. They might have left something that broke something else. I haven't installed any of the mods you mentioned though.

 

Lastly, I feel really bad because all I can do is just report issues, but let me tell you that I absolutely love this mod and will still have it installed throughout my playthrough. Thanks for all the hard work!

P.S. Thanks for the information regarding the offices by the way. I'm able to see them now. Thanks :)

hmm I checked a few places and they all looked normal to me (on my install) but some are broken in yours. Sadly the release build did't have the debug logs enabled, I did not see much. I need to build a new version for you So I have a few more logfile. 
I guess you took a fresh download of kerbin-Side, because when the statics have broken locations (for some reason) they keep thier brokenness forever. Download a fresh copy of Kerbin-Side and delete the old folder. Maybe you can make a copy of your savegame folder too and let steam veryfy your installation. If kerbin was altered in some way (resized) that what you see could happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ger_space said:

hmm I checked a few places and they all looked normal to me (on my install) but some are broken in yours. Sadly the release build did't have the debug logs enabled, I did not see much. I need to build a new version for you So I have a few more logfile. 
I guess you took a fresh download of kerbin-Side, because when the statics have broken locations (for some reason) they keep thier brokenness forever. Download a fresh copy of Kerbin-Side and delete the old folder. Maybe you can make a copy of your savegame folder too and let steam veryfy your installation. If kerbin was altered in some way (resized) that what you see could happen. 

I did a 'Verify integrity of game files' just now, and Steam updated me to the latest version lol.

Well, I'll be returning to 1.3.1 and retrying something new. When I did my test yesterday, I redownloaded everything to make sure I have the latest versions. I got Kerbal Konstructs from here. Then I got Kerbin side from the spacedock link here. (I was looking for a github link for Kerbin Side, but didn't find any.)So fresh downloads :(

Now what I'm planning to do is download Kerbin Side by pieces. I'll download KS Core first, then Kampus, then Ground Control, then Skyways. Let's see what will happen. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some content was edited and/or removed. Remember to be nice to each other, and not use insulting language.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so I have installed/uninstalled this a few times now in 1.4.. and it seems to work;  however in the most recent install, there is a wall in the sky about 200+m high at the second approach light to KSC rwy 09... ie the 2nd-farthest one from the end of the runway.  I can hit it from any direction, and the console says it's a collision with the approach light mesh.  The weird thing is:

1. I swear this was reported before in a previous version(?)

2. It *was* working with 1.4 up until I uninstalled and reinstalled things.  I'm not sure if kerbinside/KK updated since 1.4's release, I suppose that could explain it(?) but .. any ideas?  Only terrain/visual/environment mods I'm using other than KerbinSide/KK is EVE (just basic EVE, not AVP or SVE).. and that was installed before when it was working.  I'm not using RSS or any kind of scaling mods.

Edited by ss8913

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure there is a simple answer to this,  and its just me being stupid... but there it goes:

So... I have installed the newer versions of kerbin side (from ckan). When I choose a different runway or launchpad to take off from,  it does not change anything. I still appear on KSC's runway or launchpad, regardless of what facility I have chosen to launch from. But when I revert to VAB/SPH,  and exit back from there to the main screen.. voilá, there I am at the designated facility!

What am I doing wrong? Also,  the KK button only access a GUI with no config options to choose from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

I am sure there is a simple answer to this,  and its just me being stupid... but there it goes:

So... I have installed the newer versions of kerbin side (from ckan). When I choose a different runway or launchpad to take off from,  it does not change anything. I still appear on KSC's runway or launchpad, regardless of what facility I have chosen to launch from. But when I revert to VAB/SPH,  and exit back from there to the main screen.. voilá, there I am at the designated facility!

What am I doing wrong? Also,  the KK button only access a GUI with no config options to choose from.

What version of kerbal konstructs and which ksp version are you using? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

What version of kerbal konstructs and which ksp version are you using? 

My ksp is 1.4.1. The kerbal konstructs is 1.3.9.8 (rated for  ksp1.3.1), and kerbin side is core+complete 1.4 (kerbinside version), rated for ksp 1.3.99. 

So... there's my problem right there, isnt't it? I am using older, incompatible versions...

 

:sealed: ... really, I am sorry for wasting your time! I read "1.4", in CKAN, but that is the mod version, and not the ksp version. And in any case the konstructs version is all wrong. CKAN will screw you like that, if you are not paying attention. 

Will erase the CKAN versions and redownload it again from github, spacedock or whatever. Sorry for wasting your time! 

 

EDIT: it appears those ARE the more recent konstructs and kerbinside versions! According to the forum, anyway. 

What should I do?

Edited by Daniel Prates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

My ksp is 1.4.1. The kerbal konstructs is 1.3.9.8 (rated for 1.3.1), and kerbin side is core+complete 1.4 (kerbinside version), rate for 1.3.99. 

So... there's my problem right there, isnt't it? I am using older, incompatible versions...

 

:sealed: ... really, I am sorry for wasting your time! I read "1.4", in CKAN, but that is the mod version, and not the ksp version. And in any case the konstructs version is all wrong. CKAN will screw you like that, if you are not paying attention. 

Will erase the CKAN versions and redownload it again from github, spacedock or whatever. Sorry for wasting your time! 

 

EDIT: it appears those ARE the more recent konstructs and kerbinside versions! According to the forum, anyway. 

What should I do?

In the kerbal konstructs forum threat there is a preview release for 1.4.1. It's mostly untested and I'm on vacation, so there is not much support from me when it's not working.

The release from ckan will not work with ksp 1.4.x 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ger_space said:

In the kerbal konstructs forum threat there is a preview release for 1.4.1. It's mostly untested and I'm on vacation, so there is not much support from me when it's not working.

The release from ckan will not work with ksp 1.4.x 

 

Oh, ok. Got it. Will download from other source than  CKAN then install it manually. If the problem persists, I'll get back to you. MANY THANKS.

I am just recently starting to get the hang of CKAN - mainly, that it is no good most of the time ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope this hasn't already been answered, but is there any plans to incorporate the Kerbal Konstructs menu into the making history launch site selector, or is that even possible? (And some people would and wouldn't have it and so on...) thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ThiccRocketScientist said:

Hope this hasn't already been answered, but is there any plans to incorporate the Kerbal Konstructs menu into the making history launch site selector, or is that even possible? (And some people would and wouldn't have it and so on...) thanks.

The easier way is to incorporate the current open launchsites into the stock menu.

I don't own the expansion yet and I'm currently on vacation, so there is no modding going on.

In about two weeks I can have a look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2018 at 12:24 AM, johnkeale said:

the bases that have sunk underground

Just want to resolve this issue that I posted. As it turns out, Kerbin-side is made with the assumption that the terrain settings are set to max. In my playthrough, I have set the terrain settings to low, that is why I was experiencing this issue.

Upon setting the terrain setting to max, I was able to view the bases in their proper positions without problems. If anyone is having the same issue, please do check your terrain settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sorry for my question, I'm new to the forum, is it possible to upgrade kerbinside to KSP 1.4? I await an answer! thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27.3.2018 at 9:31 AM, Ger_space said:

In the kerbal konstructs forum threat there is a preview release for 1.4.1. It's mostly untested and I'm on vacation, so there is not much support from me when it's not working.

The release from ckan will not work with ksp 1.4.x 

 

 

7 hours ago, Conext_ said:

Sorry for my question, I'm new to the forum, is it possible to upgrade kerbinside to KSP 1.4? I await an answer! thx

Reading this forum can help... And ready mg the forum rules which exactly forbid this kind of posts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw, does Kerbinside got expansions with destructable buildings? 

You know, as targets for BDA stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so I installed the Kerbinside mod with KerbalKonstructs and for somereason only a little bit of KerbalKonstructs was working (Couldn't make my own bases) and Kerbinside wasn't working at all. Could anyone help me? I'm currently using Version 1.4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Temeter said:

Btw, does Kerbinside got expansions with destructable buildings? 

You know, as targets for BDA stuff.

As soon As my donation reach 300$. ( Currently I'm at 3) 

This will require extensive rewrite to kk and how the buildings are at up. 

There are a lot of other things in my mind that are easy to implement that have more value to me.

 

1 hour ago, BananaMapper said:

Ok so I installed the Kerbinside mod with KerbalKonstructs and for somereason only a little bit of KerbalKonstructs was working (Couldn't make my own bases) and Kerbinside wasn't working at all. Could anyone help me? I'm currently using Version 1.4.

Maybe you used not a version for 1.4. 

No offense but I have no idea what is not working at your installation, no version numbers... No log files, no steps to reproduce your issues...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to get Kerbinside to work in 1.4.3 by copying all Assets into Kerba lKonstructs beta Statics folder and all Bases in the Examplebases folder

Edited by HB Stratos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Ahem.

Yes, I was working with @Eskandare on a new version of Kerbin side.

But I'll release a new version of this too, so they don't conflict each other 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eskandare said:

@Ger_space and I have been working on KSR together.

 

5 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Yes, I was working with @Eskandare on a new version of Kerbin side.

But I'll release a new version of this too, so they don't conflict each other 

I knew y'all were working together, I was just posting the link for those up above who seemed to have not seen it.

Edited by theonegalen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.