[1.2.2 & 1.3 & 1.4 & 1.5] Kerbin-Side continued 1.4.5 [05.11.2018]

Ger_space

1 hour ago, Daniel Prates said:

@Ger_space, a follow-up: I did a fresh install of 1.4.5 and both KK and KerbinSide worked allright. 

Now you got me curious: what is the issue with 1.4.4? Why would it work with .3 and .5, but not .4? Did it roll out of assembly bugged somehow? 

Anyways, a report: it would seem there is something wrong with the carrier launch runway. Aircraft break after rolling foward, maybe some 10 or 20 yards from the starting position. I tested it with several craft and it's the same. Maybe some collider issue? 

It was a bug introduced by Squad in the 1.4.4 release. You can find more information in the Kerbal Konstructs thread and Squad's 1.4.5 release notes.

1 hour ago, Daniel Prates said:

@Ger_space, a follow-up: I did a fresh install of 1.4.5 and both KK and KerbinSide worked allright. 

Now you got me curious: what is the issue with 1.4.4? Why would it work with .3 and .5, but not .4? Did it roll out of assembly bugged somehow? 

Anyways, a report: it would seem there is something wrong with the carrier launch runway. Aircraft break after rolling foward, maybe some 10 or 20 yards from the starting position. I tested it with several craft and it's the same. Maybe some collider issue? 

Squad incorporated a incompaible change with 1.4.4 and made KK working again with 1.4.5 (they explicitly fixed the mod and maybe others). They changed the way PQSCity objects are internally setup, but it was no way I could fix it in a sane way. 

So currently all the bases added with Kerbin Side by default now look like black squares in the tracking station....If I turn on "recoverable bases" I get the Icon for that. There are icons for the Tracking stations.

I think the Opened or closed icons are blackened out. I'm seeing it on a sandbox game where everything is unlocked....

I'm wondering if Astronomers Visual pack  or Stock Visual Terrain is now causing this.

Normally I run the game with -force-opengl or force-d3d11, but turned those off due to various graphical issues....so I am now seeing this with just regular DX9.....which of course Textures unlimited doesn't like....

I'm about done bothering with visual mods.....I wan't clouds in my game, but I'll be dammed if it doesn't wreck everything else....

You would think the Devs could just add some frigging clouds to the frigging game by now....

Edited by JoE Smash

1 minute ago, JoE Smash said:

So currently all the bases added with Kerbin Side by default now look like black squares in the tracking station....If I turn on "recoverable bases" I get the Icon for that. There are icons for the Tracking stations.

I think the Opened or closed icons are blackened out. I'm seeing it on a sandbox game where everything is unlocked....

I'm wondering if Astronomers Visual pack  or Stock Visual Terrain is now causing this.

Normally I run the game with -force-opengl or force-d3d11, but turned those off due to various graphical issues....so I am now seeing this with just regular DX9.....which of course Textures unlimited doesn't like....

I'm about done bothering with visual mods.....I wan't clouds in my game, but I'll be dammed does it wreck everything else....

You would think the Devs could just add some frigging clouds to the frigging game by now....

Don't use mods that to mess with texture compression.

This turns small icons black.

There is nothing I can do.

11 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

Don't use mods that to mess with texture compression.

This turns small icons black.

There is nothing I can do.

Ok what mods mess with texture compression? Textures Unlimited? Kopernicus? Astronomer's? 

Because I've always used Textures Unlimited(dependancy) with James Webb telescope and never had this happen.....of course I had -force-d3d11 on....

Edited by JoE Smash

Hello @Ger_space,

I was wondering if there was any way you could help with JPLrepo's research bodies mod in case he refuses to add support for your mod....

I don't know which mod "moved the KSC," but the only mods I have installed that "might" have moved it are yours....

I'm NOT using any Kopernicus planet packs that alter the location of planets....or could possibly have moved the KSC....

He's claiming his mod can't "find" the KSC for the purposes of the Observatory that his mod adds....

The observatory is present in my game and I can interact with it....

But since the mod can't find it, it may jack up the associated contracts...

Edited by JoE Smash

56 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

Hello @Ger_space,

I was wondering if there was any way you could help with JPLrepo's research bodies mod in case he refuses to add support for your mod....

I don't know which mod "moved the KSC," but the only mods I have installed that "might" have moved it are yours....

I'm NOT using any Kopernicus planet packs that alter the location of planets....or could possibly have moved the KSC....

He's claiming his mod can't "find" the KSC for the purposes of the Observatory that his mod adds....

The observatory is present in my game and I can interact with it....

But since the mod can't find it, it may jack up the associated contracts...

The error itself is harmless. It's a destructible building that's complaining that's there is no SpaceCenter object above it. 

This should be fixed in my side kind ago, so which versions do you use? 

2 hours ago, Ger_space said:

The error itself is harmless. It's a destructible building that's complaining that's there is no SpaceCenter object above it. 

This should be fixed in my side kind ago, so which versions do you use? 

I'm using whatever is the most current version for 1.4.5 of KSP for this and KK....I thought....

Maybe CKAN is installing the wrong thing....

I'll see if I can do it manually later....

Yeah I think only the old Alpha Ash version is available on CKAN....Great....so I probably have the wrong version installed....

CKAN is such a trainwreck...

Edited by JoE Smash

Update @Ger_space

CKAN claims to have installed the correct version as the source links go to your current downloads of Kerbin Side Continued....and it claims it is version 1.4.5 and it if good for KSP up to 1.4.9....

For some reason CKAN makes you install Kerbin SIde Core and Complete Continued together....even though your one download for Complete Continued contains the whole thing (at least I think it does)....don't know what the Core part is about on CKAN....or why you are forced to include it. Whoever put it on CKAN must have jacked the whole thing up....

I guess I'll uninstall whatever it is that CKAN did and just manually drop the extracted folder for Kerbin SIde Complete Continued on Spacedock....and see if that is working better....

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2018 at 8:53 PM, santititanic said:

Hey there. I just looked at the Kerbin-Side mod on spacedock, and noticed that the current version for the mod is 1.4.4. Is there any chance that the mod will be updated?

It's always good to skim the last few pages of a mod, especially if there seems to be no current version.  If you'd looked on the last page, you'd have seen this post by @Ger_space 5 above yours, advising of difficulties and to use Kerbin Side Remastered.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

Wait, which one is real? I found another one...

Always check out the last page or so of a topic.  @Ger_space commented on this back on August 19, on this same page.  He's not revised this position since.

On 8/19/2018 at 9:47 AM, Ger_space said:

Please note that Kerbin-Side doesn't like KSP1.4.X very much. 

I will try to recreate some of the missing assets for the remastered version, but KSC2 is broken and I cannot fix it. 

please use: 

• 1 month later...

Hi! There's a syntax error in the .version file for KerbinSide Skyways:

"KSP_VERSION_MIN":
	{
		"MAJOR":1,
		"MINOR":2,
		"PATCH":2
	},s
	"KSP_VERSION_MAX":
	{
		"MINOR":5,
		"PATCH":99
	}

That extra "s"  on the line before "KSP_VERSION_MAX" shouldn't be there. This is stopping the CKAN bot from indexing the latest update (and I think the one before that as well).

8 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Hi! There's a syntax error in the .version file for KerbinSide Skyways:

"KSP_VERSION_MIN":
	{
		"MINOR":2,
		"PATCH":2
	},s
	"KSP_VERSION_MAX":
	{
		"MINOR":5,
		"PATCH":99
	}

That extra "s"  on the line before "KSP_VERSION_MAX" shouldn't be there. This is stopping the CKAN bot from indexing the latest update (and I think the one before that as well).

thank you, 

I'll upload a fixed version asap

There are two versions of KK updates that were released after kerbin side continued last update. So, what version of KK should I install now for 1.5.1?
The last one, or 1.4.5.30?

Cause yesterday I installed the last one and everyhing seemed to be in the wrong place. Some anntena dishes were floating in the air, the runway markers were off by the side, and the ksc upgrade was partly below terrain.

using terrain on high settings.

Edited by Agustin

• 1 month later...

Heads up for anyone who is seeing things in strange places (i.e. Arakebo on its side on top of KSC) with 1.4.5.26.  If you installed from CKAN you are missing a folder. Now if someone can help me with the square of arrows that thinks it's KSC2 and attaches itself to my planes I would be very appreciative.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.