AP Tests

cubinator

For those of us taking any AP tests in the next couple of weeks, good luck! I just finished the Physics 1 test, and will take the US History test Friday.

AP (Advanced Placement) exams are exams given by the College Board primarily in the US and Canada to high school students. These tests are graded on a scale from 1 to 5, with 5 being the best. Students can take AP classes during the year if offered by their school. These are advanced, college-level classes that prepare them for the test in May. Many colleges will give college credit to students who do well on AP tests, meaning they don't have to take some classes in college that would be necessary without a good AP test score and thus save lots of time and money.

Edited by cubinator

My school: "Hey, AP test today."
Students: "Huh? How long is it?"
School: "Like five hours."
Me: "So... Two hours of spaceship drawings that I'll never see again? Sweet!"

I have opinions about the Physics test I took. Voicing them might be risky, though.

3 hours ago, Camacha said:

Armour piercing is not easy. Did you study to pierce extra well?

I have become adept at piercing the armor covering the college credit by depositing carbon circles on patterned paper. And contextualization.

15 minutes ago, cubinator said:

I have become adept at piercing the armor covering the college credit by depositing carbon circles on patterned paper. And contextualization.

This thread suffers from a distinct lack of contextualization :wink: North American Plane Apes tend to forget most of these forums are frequented by monkeys from different planes than theirs, and thus these have no idea why this armour piercing, or armor piercing, as some silly primates tend to write, is relevant at all. Is this how you please your pagan gods?

18 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I have opinions about the Physics test I took. Voicing them might be risky, though.

Yeah, gotta watch out for College Board's darn bots scouring the internet on a pointless quest to control the flow of information (Information wants to be free!). Besides that it's cool to hear that so many people here also took the AP Physics 1 exam. I took that class and had a great time. On the other hand my AP Principles of Computer Science class is terrified because they have taken some practice tests which they have performed very poorly on and are now seriously doubting that they will pass the test. Luckily for me I have a large amount of general computer knowledge from outside our class and feel very confident in my ability to perform well. Good luck to all of you on your exams!

My HUGS teacher told gave us some tips: 

1) Cross out any answers that you are sure are not right. 

2) If you are not sure of an answer, choose one that is on the inside (I.e. B, C, or D)

3) if in doubt, choose B. It appears more often then any other letter.

Took AP United States History (affectionately known as APUSH) yesterday, and AP Physics on Tuesday, both very difficult classes. APUSH was so demanding, I had to memorize all 45 US Presidents and maybe thirty Supreme Court cases, as well as every Constitutional Amendment and all 50 states and their capitals.

AP Language is on Wednesday, but after the last two tests, I'm sure it will be a breeze.

On 5/3/2017 at 3:50 PM, Camacha said:

Armour piercing is not easy. Did you study to pierce extra well?

I also thought the AP was for Armor Piercing, lol

Been playing too much Insurgency, I guess

2 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

I also thought the AP was for Armor Piercing, lol

Been playing too much Insurgency, I guess

You would think people posting on international forums would take more care to inform others about the strange rituals of their tribe, but apparently not all tribes are as courteous.

8 minutes ago, Camacha said:

You would think people posting on international forums would take more care to inform others about the strange rituals of their tribe, but apparently not all tribes are as courteous.

Some tribes are angrier than others.

Some of these tribes like to relieve their anger on other tribes.

Some of these these tribes have rifles.

14 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Took AP United States History (affectionately known as APUSH) yesterday, and AP Physics on Tuesday, both very difficult classes. APUSH was so demanding, I had to memorize all 45 US Presidents and maybe thirty Supreme Court cases, as well as every Constitutional Amendment and all 50 states and their capitals.

AP Language is on Wednesday, but after the last two tests, I'm sure it will be a breeze.

Whaaaaa....

I played KSP....

I don't think you needed to memorize all those things, especially the capitals thing. Most of it is look at a thing, draw stuff from a thing. Not recall from heart 'merica ness.

12 hours ago, qzgy said:

I don't think you needed to memorize all those things, especially the capitals thing. Most of it is look at a thing, draw stuff from a thing. Not recall from heart 'merica ness.

Well, it probably wasn't necessary for the Exam itself, but I guess my teacher wanted us to have a very in depth and complex knowledge of US History, and I suppose that that's one way to do it... Anyway, we had tests on all those things, and now I know some of the US Presidents better than I know some of my friends.

It wasn't so bad though, I won a pair of $50 aviator sunglasses a few months ago for naming all the Presidents. Too bad I wear glasses...

Ok. That sounds more reasonable. Also, I too know the feeling of having glasses, and the ability not to really wear sunglasses...

Day 387. Still no one bothered to explain the arcane ritual they are posting about on international forums. I am losing hope in mankind. Maybe we have tried our luck for too long.

Come on, guys. This is just plain rude.

1 hour ago, Ten Key said:

You could try asking. That might work. :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Placement

I did. Explicitly, and implicitly a few times more in a not too subtle manner. It seems common sense and common courtesy to explain yourself when you are posting on international forums about something that is specific to your local area. I have noticed some nationalities tend to think their situation is known and applies to everyone quite consistently. Just so you know: your educational and scoring system is quite alien to everyone and anyone not from your tribal lands.

I guess you never learnt not to whisper in company either?

18 minutes ago, Camacha said:

I did. Explicitly, and implicitly a few times more in a not too subtle manner. It seems common sense and common courtesy to explain yourself when you are posting on international forums about something that is specific to your local area. I have noticed some nationalities tend to think their situation is known and applies to everyone quite consistently. Just so you know: your educational and scoring system is quite alien to everyone and anyone not from your tribal lands.

I guess you never learnt not to whisper in company either?

AP tests take place wordwide. It has accually become a problem with the time zones, and some kids taking the tests hours before others. There is a consistent scoring system, meant to give the same credit to all that take said tests.

Please don't take offense. I don't play minecraft, yet there is a thread about the KSP community Minecraft server. I have not posted in that thread saying that I don't play the game, and that they shouldn't, I just ignore it. Many people on the forum are not even taking AP classes, as it is only for High School students. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.