AP Tests

cubinator

1 minute ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

AP tests take place wordwide.

Well, the Wikipedia page states is it a US and Canada thing and some additional searching indicates that foreign schools can partake, but none actually turned up in the search. If they take place in other countries, it is a very rare occurrence. It certainly is not a common or known thing outside of Northern America.

1 minute ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Please don't take offense. I don't play minecraft, yet there is a thread about the KSP community Minecraft server. I have not posted in that thread saying that I don't play the game, and that they shouldn't, I just ignore it. Many people on the forum are not even taking AP classes, as it is only for High School students. 

I am going to stop you right there. I never said I do not partake in the AP tests and I certainly never said you should not discuss them. It is just a common courtesy to introduce whatever you are discussing to other people that might not be familiar with it. Considering Advanced Placement is only relevant for a fraction of the world's population, that means most people here will not have a clue what this is about.

And yes, game threads should generally also include an introduction. That is exactly what I did when I made a thread about Quake Live a while back :wink: If we look at the modding or vehicle forums, almost every thread is preceded by an introduction of what to expect too. I gather high school students also have writing classes?

1 hour ago, Camacha said:

I am going to stop you right there. I never said I do not partake in the AP tests and I certainly never said you should not discuss them. It is just a common courtesy to introduce whatever you are discussing to other people that might not be familiar with it. Considering Advanced Placement is only relevant for a fraction of the world's population, that means most people here will not have a clue what this is about.

There is now a brief description of what an AP test is at the OP. :) 

38 minutes ago, cubinator said:

There is now a brief description of what an AP test is at the OP. :) 

Thanks. I had not realized that AP classes actually allow you to skip classes in college. I can imagine it saving time, but had forgotten the money part is fairly important in your parts of the world too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.