For a civilization, there isn't any visible signs of it on Kerbin except the two KSCs, the Island Airstrip, and the Ancient Ruins

My suggestion:

Add multiple [5? 10? 20?] Cities into the game, each with their own airport

Possibly have contracts for ferrying passengers between cities? Airshows? There are really many possibilities

Multiple launch sites and airstrips: yes.

Cities that have no purpose other than looking nice: what for?

Unless it's @bac9 AKA master of good looks and efficient modelling there's no point in including any cities imo.

Edited by Veeltch

3 hours ago, Veeltch said:

Verisimilitude.

17 hours ago, RedPandaz said:

Possibly have contracts for ferrying passengers between cities?

That sounds like nothing a Space Program should be doing.  (Unless they're ballistic flights...)

12 minutes ago, razark said:

Verisimilitude.

That sounds like nothing a Space Program should be doing.  (Unless they're ballistic flights...)

Versimilitude AND more things to fly around [or into]. They would also give a reason for more airports

And maybe XD. But we already have tourist contracts, it makes sense. Maybe they want to go to space and land at another airport, like a suborbital hop?

14 hours ago, Veeltch said:

Unless it's @bac9 AKA master of good looks and efficient modelling there's no point in including any cities imo.

It doesn't have much purpose i agree, but flying around kerbin is like walking around in the middle of the dessert...you get bored of after 15minutes because everythin and everyplace is the same. I mean it, badlands, grasslands, highlands all just feel like a different texture(very blurry at that)
Not saying cities will definitely fix that, but they will add some "direction" to the game, i.e. "Do you know that place just behind the mountains?" "You mean the one on the coast, or the little village at the mountain base?"

In terms of more and useful gameplay time...i don't think it will really matter then

I think it is not implemented because it's performance-intensive. Unless the city is small, loading the model correctly costs either huge memory space or lots of effort.

I'd rather vote for procedural terrain effect, which should be easier.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.