SOLVED - Coil whining on RSSVE

1 hour ago, Benoit Hage said:

Hello.

I don't have much hope of finding an answer, but here is my question:

I'm having a coil whining sound on my graphic card. I manage to isolate it to "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements". When I install RSSVE and all its dependencies, everything work nicely, but there is this coil whining sound when I look down on Earth from lower orbit and only when look down, as looking around at the rest of space does not produce a noise from the card.

If I remove the "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements" folder while still having "scatterer", the noise stops.

So my question is: Is there any setting I can tune in "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements" to try to remove this sound? Anybody also experiencing this? The only other time I've heard a coil whining sound from my card is at the loading of "Asset Bundle Definition" during the loading of the game. I've never heard it anywhere else, whatever the played game.

The graphic card is an ATI Radeon R9 380 and is up to date driver wise...

From the RSSVE thread.

Posting here from wider views.

EDIT:

Tuning the graphic settings this way lowered the noise to the mininum hearable by human ears (well at least mine), so I'll take this as a solution.

Set Anti Aliasing to 8x

Set V-Sync to Every Second V-blank

Frame limit to default.

Edited by Benoit Hage

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.