[1.2.2] Kolyphemus System - the kerbalized Polyhemus

Artyomka15

Spoiler

So... A few months ago I created a mod that adds the system from movie Interstellar to your game. And that I thought "Why not make a mod that adds a system from another Sci-Fi movie?" So, let me introduce...

THE KOLYPHEMUS SYSTEM

oKzxsDR.jpg

9fAoiPpSm84.jpg

This mod adds the kerbalized version of Polyphemus and its moons from the movie Avatar.

NOTE: Two of the bodies in the mod (Kolyphemus and Pandoor) is fully based off the Polyphemus and Pandora. Other moons of the Kolyphemus are not canonical.

The system:

Kolyphemus - a gas giant with oxygen atmosphere that orbits between Eve and Kerbin

Kalatea - that weird moon is often called "The Space Cheese" due to its strange shape, orbits between Kolyphemus' rings

Moei - a lava world 

Pandoor - a habitable planet with giant trees on its surface (the trees are WIP and may glitch)

nK5qrNA.jpg

WtXppuJ.jpg

4epOfYX.jpg

jviUza7.jpg

[MORE PICS]

[DOWNLOAD FROM SPACEDOCK]

88x31.png

If you like my mods, then why not leave a small donation to keep me be motivated doing another one? It really helps me out!

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Thanks to:

@Artem Kerman for helping me a lot with the visuals

@Samio for uploading the Moei color map in the Posiible planet additions thread

Edited by Artyomka15

Just really epic.

I love avatar but with this, it's just beautiful !!!!!!!With me, Kargantua systeme doesnt' work, but, with THE KOLYPHEMUS SYSTEM , it work.

Do you create for the future, other systeme of movie ?

And, like I say, GREAT JOB

@Artyomka15 Shut up and take my money! This is awesome!

EDIT: I did the math and found out how these planets would be in real life.

Moei: 0.37443 Me and 0.6278 Re, with a density of 8.344 g/cm^3.

Kolyphemus: 6.278 Re and 35.48 Me, density of 0.79 g/cm^3. Maybe a bit more mass (higher gravity) for realism.

Kalatea: Very low mass - 0.000000732 Me, with about 0.04709 Re. Density of 0.0386 g/cm^3. Try giving it more gravity.

Pandoor: 0.5737 Me and 0.8468 Re, density of 5.209 g/cm^3. Very realistic physically.

Edited by ProtoJeb21

@ProtoJeb21 Dude... you make beautifull mods.. relly, i relly play your mods,but , tell me pls. Are you gonna finish what you started back few mounths ago ? because i play  [1.1.3] [Kopernicus] Kumar's Dwarf Stars v0.3 [25July16], and i folow that post, and is not finished... i play now on that mod and cannot continue because of bugs..:( so.. finish the project pls first, and than continue with this one, or perhaps maybe MAYBE you will finish this mod to play...tks for all your hard work.

22 hours ago, Istrati said:

@ProtoJeb21 Dude... you make beautifull mods.. relly, i relly play your mods,but , tell me pls. Are you gonna finish what you started back few mounths ago ? because i play  [1.1.3] [Kopernicus] Kumar's Dwarf Stars v0.3 [25July16], and i folow that post, and is not finished... i play now on that mod and cannot continue because of bugs..:( so.. finish the project pls first, and than continue with this one, or perhaps maybe MAYBE you will finish this mod to play...tks for all your hard work.

Artyomka15 made this mod, not ProtoJeb21.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.