[1.2.2] Kolyphemus System - the kerbalized Polyhemus

Artyomka15

@The Minmus Derp I'll have you know that this mod is very dead.... This mod maker has not been around since the last update to their mods (for KSP 1.2.2). Due to the license it is not allowed for anyone to revive and update this mod directly or use its configs or textures for new things.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 5/7/2018 at 1:17 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

Due to the license it is not allowed for anyone to revive and update this mod directly or use its configs or textures for new things.

Not exactly.

One can write a new plugin with the functionalities updated to work on 1.4.3 - as long it's a clean room implementation. Then this guy can distribute its plugin separately, with Kalyphemus as a dependency. Obviously, some original files must be deleted (the DLLs) and/or renamed - but as long as this happens on the user's machine after installing the original bundle, it's ok.

This new guy can even redistribute the original bundle on his website if he wants (so if the bundle vanishes from the web, he can still provide a copy).

From here:

You are free to:

• Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
  • Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
  •  
  • The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

Under the following terms:

• Attribution  You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

• NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.

• ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

• No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Lisias :o Since when did the license change to CC-SA? 

I don't know. First time I saw. :-)

I noticed that Kalyphemus is CC-SA, and Kargantua is under CC-NC. But what I said above are valid for both.

• 1 month later...

What DLLs? 

And, unless there is something not visible from the web page, you can certainly rebuild and redistribute.

On 5/8/2018 at 2:25 AM, Lisias said:

One can write a new plugin with the functionalities updated to work on 1.4.3 - as long it's a clean room implementation. Then this guy can distribute its plugin separately, with Kalyphemus as a dependency. Obviously, some original files must be deleted (the DLLs) and/or renamed - but as long as this happens on the user's machine after installing the original bundle, it's ok.

So I looked at the mod, and it doesn't have any code.  So anyone can revive this for 1.4.3, as long as they stay within the license; ie:  No Commercial etc.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What DLLs? 

I was talking about the licensing, not about the mod. :)

And, unless there is something not visible from the web page, you can certainly rebuild and redistribute.

Easy. Karkantua is licensed under the CC-NC-ND. Somehow (it's some time since I wrote on this thread), Kargantua came to the discussion (perhaps the OP had assumed that Kolyphemus had the same license as Kargantua? I don't remember).

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That makes sense. 

I'm trying to get this working in the current version of Ksp.   So far it is working but the rings are all black.   Right now it's running on a long term test to see if it is stable.

This explains the Instantiator coming back to the light these days! :D

I found the original Instantiator source code somewhere (a dropbox or gist, something like that), but I couldn't do much due two things: a) I barelly understand Unity, how much the different versions for Unity; b) there's a (allegedly) copyright violation somewhere, and I though that Instantiator could be the source and I do not have background enough on KSP to tell the true.

In a way or another, I found it way over my head, and resign myself to play KSP 1.2.2 to enjoy Kargantua. :)

16 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That makes sense. 

I'm trying to get this working in the current version of Ksp.   So far it is working but the rings are all black.   Right now it's running on a long term test to see if it is stable.

I think I know what's going on with the rings

2 minutes ago, Lisias said:

This explains the Instantiator coming back to the light these days! :D

I found the original Instantiator source code somewhere (a dropbox or gist, something like that), but I couldn't do much due two things: a) I barelly understand Unity, how much the different versions for Unity; b) there's a (allegedly) copyright violation somewhere, and I though that Instantiator could be the source and I do not have background enough on KSP to tell the true.

What is the Instantiator?

49 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That makes sense. 

I think I know what's going on with the rings

Got the rings working.  I need to reorganize the mod and will then release a beta.

On 5/6/2018 at 11:20 AM, The Minmus Derp said:

I tested your system in US2 and Moei gets completely ripped apart in 5 years. Please do one of these things.

A. Make it smaller and move it out.

B. move it out even further.

How do you test this in US2?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, 1TitanicFan said:

please update the mod to work for ksp versions 1.4-1.4.5

Welcome to the forum! Please read the rules and don't pester mod developers to update their mods, preferably ever into the future.

If you have not noticed yet, the developer has been missing in action for over a year. The mod utilizes content it is not permitted to, and has yet to have been picked up. In spite of all this, it's still worth a shot to test the mod out with the latest version of Kopernicus and KSP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.