What's the best craft you've ever made? Send me pics!

Hey Guys! Im sorry I can't show you mine, it happens to be on another computer, (Maybe later) But I'd Love to see yours!

Spoiler

Mine was a futuristic Apollo 20.

Well, "best" is difficult to pin down, given the number of possible criteria. But, going on the metric of "most impressive mission undertaken", I present Wayfarer, the craft I used for my grand tour (one launch with one Kerbal, plant one flag on every body with a solid surface & return home):

OJ9mgfp.png

Sorry for the cluttered screenshot, but challenge submission viewers like seeing lots of numbers.

If you want a boatload more pictures, the mission album is here: http://imgur.com/a/SFUuC

Diesel Electric 44 Class #29

She represented the last of the 44 class locomotives before 1.05 bogged down and 1.1 wheels started the downward slide of KSP for me

4GcGIxs.png

A refinement of 2 years of the locomotive class..she had everything learnt from her fallen sister trains before her and even the old radiator fans from 4408

A working fully refined diesel electric transmission linking engine alternator output to wheel torque that used monopropellant as a medium.. 35ms maximum speed

SAS assisted bogey mounted RCS sanders kept the wheels planted on the ground and pushed into the terrain on steep climbs to aid traction and course maintaining

Traction motor whine that let me know of any wheelslip from the cab even over twin roaring detriot engines

Decent cooling so she could climb mountains without losing a generator but balenced so skill was need not to overwork the poor girl and risk failure..including downhill reverse generating

Full train brakes linked to a hisser that made realistic airbrake sound when applied or released

Airhorns that could awake all.of kerbin

Lights balenced in colour

White wall wheels and half painted modified Kn2 cab that had most aero stuff removed..class tag in cab

Even became the hype train one time :)

YeMmsPc.png

What happened? Updates did...she exploded on loading 1.1 and ive never had a running 44 class since

Looking at pictures of her..

Im tempted to revert back to 1.0

Damn I loved this loco :)

Shes my profile pic for a reason

When everything KSP was good :)

oMBokWJ.png

Edited by Overland

Right now I think this is the best craft I've ever made.  It's not too flashy, all it does is haul stuff to LKO, but ti's so easy to fly that it makes up for not going exotic places.  I really enjoy making ships that can do incredible stuff, but if I ever get a career game to a place where I can use Mk 3 SSTOs this one will probably be my workhorse.

E4ESw66.png

15 hours ago, IncongruousGoat said:

Well, "best" is difficult to pin down, given the number of possible criteria. But, going on the metric of "most impressive mission undertaken", I present Wayfarer, the craft I used for my grand tour (one launch with one Kerbal, plant one flag on every body with a solid surface & return home):

OJ9mgfp.png

Sorry for the cluttered screenshot, but challenge submission viewers like seeing lots of numbers.

If you want a boatload more pictures, the mission album is here: http://imgur.com/a/SFUuC

What mod is that Flight engineer?

Just now, IncongruousGoat said:
7 hours ago, ccoel said:

What mod is that Flight engineer?

Just now, IncongruousGoat said:

Kerbal Engineer Redux

Thanks

Just now, ccoel said:

Kerbal Engineer Redux

thats the one with Landing autopilot right?

4 hours ago, eorin said:

This one, made in collaboration with Exothermos 

Recently I slapped together a Boeing 777

GAH COMMENT MERGING :mad:

19 minutes ago, ccoel said:

Thanks

thats the one with Landing autopilot right?

Recently I slapped together a Boeing 777

GAH COMMENT MERGING :mad:

No that would be Mechjeb.

MJ has landing autopilot... although I have NEVER had any luck with it.. but I also dont trust a machine to land anything.

Probably my F-14 Tomcat. It's 100% scale, and 100% functional. Swing wings, air-to-air missiles, the whole nine yards. It's so much fun to fly around dogfighting other craft and generally being awesome.

a4iBizm.gif

I mean, who could say no to this?

UmzNmzj.gif

Besides the people that retired it... R.I.the boneyard.

wC9zHk4.png

9Zekrrg.png

This is Roamer I. With 8 Nervs, a fully modular & reusable design, and about 4,000 ∆V fully fueled. It also comes with a built in snack dispenser!

Edited by RedBee92

My Mun rocket, an Apollo style Saturn V. I find replicas boring, but it was the ship that forced me to micromanage everything. I learned more about making a successful mission from that ship than any other, so its the best of mine, although the lander was hideous. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.