What's the best craft you've ever made? Send me pics!

Both my Dodge Charger 1969 and the Excelsior Class have 21 points on KerbalX so ... I guess they're my best craft. No mods, naturally.

Most advanced in the technology department is probably my Asura, stock turboshaft helicopter. This one is still using the old engine while I've already been using the Asura II engine in later designs. Upgrading it costs a lot of time and is tedious work.

Edited by Azimech

On May 4, 2017 at 9:24 PM, Servo said:

Probably my F-14 Tomcat. It's 100% scale, and 100% functional. Swing wings, air-to-air missiles, the whole nine yards. It's so much fun to fly around dogfighting other craft and generally being awesome.

a4iBizm.gif

I mean, who could say no to this?

UmzNmzj.gif

Besides the people that retired it... R.I.the boneyard.

wC9zHk4.png

On May 5, 2017 at 6:20 PM, Just Jim said:

I think my best ship would be a stock SSTO I call the Diamondback:

GAXXt9t.jpg

Can I have the blueprints for those? Id like to test them out.

13 hours ago, Azimech said:

Both my Dodge Charger 1969 and the Excelsior Class have 21 points on KerbalX so ... I guess they're my best craft. No mods, naturally.

Most advanced in the technology department is probably my Asura, stock turboshaft helicopter. This one is still using the old engine while I've already been using the Asura II engine in later designs. Upgrading it costs a lot of time and is tedious work.

Being a Dodge and Nissan man.. not to mention a hardcore Trekki, I can say I love both the Dodge Challenger, AND the USS Excelsior.  Great job on both.

6 hours ago, Hodo said:

Being a Dodge and Nissan man.. not to mention a hardcore Trekki, I can say I love both the Dodge Challenger, AND the USS Excelsior.  Great job on both.

Thanks! Ya know ... I've made a Challenger as well!

I've built KerbHub, a massive space station orbiting Kerbin. Instead of just having normal docking ports, I also have made little hangar bays that can fit Mk3 shuttles inside them, so I can deliver cargo easily and safely. I use the shuttles to carry large RCS tanks, dock the RCS tanks to the station, transfer the RCS to the main RCS holding area (the middle of the station), and then place the tanks back in the shuttles, and then release the now empty RCS tanks on a suborbital trajectory before my shuttle deorbits to land at the KSC. This is all in career mode, and I have special areas for the Tourist Kerbals which is a bunch of the PPD-12 cupola modules so they can get a great view of Kerbin. I use the same shuttles, but this time with the Mk3 Crew Cabins. I put 6 Tourists in the Crew Cabin, dock with the station, transfer the tourists on the station to the crew cabin, and transfer the tourists on the shuttle to the space station, all on a 14 day schedule (Kerbin time, not actually 14 real days).

I also operate probe freighters carrying anything from little foldable rovers (using the great Infernal Robotic parts), liquid/oxidizer tanks, RCS tanks, solar panel bays, electric charge areas, or even crew, which I fit a couple of Hitchhiker containers inside. The freighters all have cargo ramps, which allow easy access in and out of the freighter, and use RAPIERS with the IR Rotatron parts so the freighter can be a VTOL if need be, and contains both landing legs and landing gear, as well as powerful lights to see in the dark. It looks VERY cool at night when I'm landing them at my special landing areas (four green Mk1 lights spaced apart from eachother) at my mining base on Laythe. :cool:

10 hours ago, ccoel said:

Can I have the blueprints for those? Id like to test them out.

I'm really sorry, but my Diamondback is an integral part of Emiko Station, and I don't give any of the ships from it out... at least until the story is finished. Afterwards I may let them go. But for now, I just can't, sorry. 

tQARNLk.png

This 3.4t vessel that can take a kerbal to orbit. There's quite a lot of surplus delta-v left at LKO. It's not useful for anything but it's "best" because it's probably the lowest mass that takes a kerbal to orbit.

If you're willing to use the EVA pack for circularization I can see further savings by ditching the Ant, Oscar and batteries/panels and just leaving the seat.

Edited by MustaKotka

Hmmm... depends on what you define as "best."

As far as best craft reproduction in terms of looks, I'd say it's the LM from my WIP Apollo replica:

2017-04-26%2014-51-18.png

For best craft in terms of technology, that would be my E-50A Triton.

For best craft in terms of raw power, I'd have to say it's my E-24 Champion.   E-24A, E-24B

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

I have one that I consider my most successful craft:

TvtawUY.png

Kraken Mk1. The meanest propeller fighter EVER (seriously, it still undefeated)!

Most realistic:

xSSw1ZJ.png

My CF-100 replica (Lots of Procedural parts). Flies just as fast as the real thing, handles like the real thing, and it's fun to fly and land.

BIGGEST so far:

Bte9g3o.png

Cargo plane. Tweakscaled to a 5m fuselage (original was 3.5m). 
Total weight fully fuelled: 300 tonnes.
Flies great.

Okay then, I'll upload my craft to kerbalx.com

as a note, mods that I'm using for archangel:

OPT space plane

OPT space plane legacy

mk2 parts expansion

mk3 parts expansion

3 hours ago, Commander223323 said:

Send me the link once you are done uploading the craft

https://kerbalx.com/ARS/Archangel

As a note: it's equipped with modded engine from GN drive mod to allow interplanetary travel. Without it, it only function as a LKO SSTO

Full mod: OPT spaceplane, OPT legacy, Airplane plus, Mk3 expansion, Mk2 expansion,SXT, GN drive (download from spacedock)

P.S: when ascending to kerbin upper atmosphere, don't pitch too hard

Happy flying :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.