MechJeb prevents game from launching

KSP: 1.2.9.1727 64bit

Problem: Every time I install MechJeb the game will crash at launch during the "Loading Asset Definitions" step in the progress bar.  It produces a debugging folder which is attached below.

I am placing the MechJeb folder into the GameData directory to install it.  

Mods installed:

Attempting to install MechJeb 2-2.6.0.0

Log:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxToO22wipRTQWdmVk9GSlNZWEk?usp=sharing

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
Chatterer v0.9.92.1622
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35
Stock assembly: Steamworks.NET v8.0.0.0 / v8.0.0

Folders and files in GameData:
Chatterer
Stock folder: Squad

You had chatterer, meaning you had more than "Attempting to instal MechJeb" Also, there is no Mechjeb file in there.

Inside of the Mechjeb folder you put in GameData, there should be a few more folders. keep going down in those folders until you find a folder with a "Plugins" and a few other folders. Then go back up to the previous folder and move that out into the KSP GameData folder. Then delete the old folder, and tell me if that works.

9 minutes ago, HobbitJack said:

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
Chatterer v0.9.92.1622
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35
Stock assembly: Steamworks.NET v8.0.0.0 / v8.0.0

Folders and files in GameData:
Chatterer
Stock folder: Squad

You had chatterer, meaning you had more than "Attempting to instal MechJeb" Also, there is no Mechjeb file in there.

Inside of the Mechjeb folder you put in GameData, there should be a few more folders. keep going down in those folders until you find a folder with a "Plugins" and a few other folders. Then go back up to the previous folder and move that out into the KSP GameData folder. Then delete the old folder, and tell me if that works.

That has to be one of the nitpickiest and grumpiest attempt at support I've seen.  Jeeeesus.

First things first, I was attempting to install MechJeb long before I had Chatterer installed, and this was happening.  MechJeb in the GameData folder is the variable here.

Here's a screenshot of the GameData directory in the correct configuration (confirmed for me by the KSP reddit) that results in KSP crashing:

dPQBjyvh.png

If that isn't the correct directory configuration, then please explain your second paragraph a bit more clearly using a simple standard directory mapping like KSP>GameData>MechJeb>Plugins>etc.  

Thanks.

7 hours ago, lonememe said:

Attempting to install MechJeb 2-2.6.0.0

Kerbal.Space.Program.v1.2.9.1727

And we are absolutely sure that MechJeb is compatible with the pre-release , are we?

[1.2.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.6.0] [12 Dec 2016]

Current version: 2.6.0

• Compatibility for KSP 1.2.2

Doesn't look like it to me.

As the memo seems to get lost every damn release, I'll repeat it here:
Mods are not compatible with prerelease versions of KSP, unless such compatibility is explicitly stated in the respective add-on release thread.

If you want to run mods, run KSP 1.2.2, or wait for 1.3 to be released and the mods you want to be updated.
If you got 1.2.9 unexpectedly, that's probably Steam being stupid. It does that.

Edited by steve_v

12 hours ago, steve_v said:

Kerbal.Space.Program.v1.2.9.1727

And we are absolutely sure that MechJeb is compatible with the pre-release , are we?

Doesn't look like it to me.

As the memo seems to get lost every damn release, I'll repeat it here:
Mods are not compatible with prerelease versions of KSP, unless such compatibility is explicitly stated in the respective add-on release thread.

If you want to run mods, run KSP 1.2.2, or wait for 1.3 to be released and the mods you want to be updated.
If you got 1.2.9 unexpectedly, that's probably Steam being stupid. It does that.

Ah, yup that makes sense.  Sorry!  Total newb who apparently got the pre-release unexpectedly!  I'll wait until 1.3 then.  Cheers!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.